!!!! Shocking trugh about real spec of Thinkware F750 !!!!

-Pizdys-

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
better than yours....
That should be interesting for you guys :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

So this is the world first dashcam with most powerful (from A7 series) processor which is the A7LA85 + Sony IMX122!!! What do you think guys?
I'm quite surprised, so far DATAKAM G5 Duo was close to be first but looks like, finally Thinkware F750 done it!

more info about Datakam G5 DUO thanks to @niko:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-f1-6-lens-wifi-bluetooth-gps-glonass.10484/

compariation of thinkware F750 vs Marcus 4 vs Street Guardian SGZC12SG below:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...s-marcus-4-vs-street-guardian-sgzc12sg.14851/

Well done Thinkware !!!

Last edited:
The build quality looks great on the F750 - won't the A7LA85 be out of date with the speed they're releasing new chips at though?

I've not been around here much lately but not sure if any A9 products have landed - I saw Dome were using the A12 which Falsificator has been having fun modifying?

I notice Niko's post mentions that the A7LA85 in the Datakam can do up to 20Mbps per channel - I wonder if the Thinkware could be modded to run at those bitrates too?

I've been having a play with my first 96660 camera but so far some of the footage is just messy on that thing, guess it's going to take a while to get good firmware on that.

@reverend, I agree with you, is quite to late to release A7LA85 (too expensive) or just in time.....specially now when new cameras with A12 just landed on the market,
also very soon will be available cameras with A12 DUAL !!! maybe the new Thinkware F770 has A12, who knows.....
Build quality of Thinkware F750 is best what I have ever seen so far, and definitely most of cameras on the market is well behind (build quality).

Regarding 20mbps per channel in A7LA85....looks to good to be real (10mbps is max so far).

gdgiti.jpg

most interested is:
Why A7LS75 (lower) has WiFi video stream and record at the same time but A7LS85(higher) doesn't?
is simply impossible to record and stream picture (by F750) at the same time.

Maybe it's something they need to sort in the firmware?

That F770 sounds interesting with super night vision - I wonder if they ramp up the exposure times / ISO while it's in parking mode as that's what it sounds like?

I've just seen this picture over on the Thinkware site while looking for some F770 info and found it amusing :

CES.jpg

So the Thinkware is horny :)

These days you never know who is "the world 1st".
DOD / Nextbase also claiming to be in 2015-2016 "world 1st dashcam with CPL lens filter", but I remember 3-4y ago Finevu CR-500G started using magnetic CPL lens filter.
Same way with Ambarella A12. Besides Dome there are others who developed last year dashcams based on A12 ( few photos of PCB below ), so for average Joe it is hard to say who was the first.

Most important is not who was the first to advertise, but who managed to squeeze most potential out of particular CPU with no bugs, stable performance etc, but one thing I can say - Thinkware is truly high quality built from point of view of materials and assembly ( I still do have F750 "brother" F550 ). About firmware I am not sure. Nobody yet managed to get A7 to work fully correctly in dashcams. Hope Thinkware can do it ?

-----------------------

Ambarella A12LA75
2560 x 1440 60Fps
4GB DDR3 , 32BIT

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

I've just seen this picture over on the Thinkware site while looking for some F770 info and found it amusing :

CES.jpg

So the Thinkware is horny :)

I wonder if they still using grey-colour 3M adhesive on the mount ?

I think this is not priority for them (tape colour), they concentrate about something more practical eg. new F770, or stability of APP software, maybe WiFi Stream and record ;)
I believe there is not many people who are checking tape colour before they will buy camera.

Last edited:
I think this is not priority for them (tape colour)
For them maybe not, but for end customer who pays premium price it's may be slight shock. They put so much effort and money into all other details, but using grey 3M adhesive, probably one of the cheapest and obvious / visible important details they still doing it wrong !

I believe there is not many people who are checking tape colour before they will buy camera.
True, those people rely on premium price, premium brand to deliver everything correct / practical from A to Z and later discovering silly cheap "mistake". Not sure if designers have ever installed Thinkware them-self in the car and looked at it from outside ? After so many years they still using grey-colour, I have doubt they ever looked at completely installed product :)

Reactions: Mtz
I'm new to dashcams and took a while to choose which one to buy because (a) I wasn't 100% sure what features I needed and (b) it takes a bit of research and reading forums like this to find out exactly how well each brand delivers on its advertised features. In the end I think I have done pretty well in choosing the F750 but its still not 100% what I would have liked in an ideal world. The colour of the mounting tape is one issue, but for me only I minor one. Nevertheless I agree with Niko that it is something that Thinkware could easily address, especially since they include a spare tape in the box. Any marketing person in a company which makes consumer products should spend time on forums and other social media to find out what customers are saying about the product.

Maybe they use gray 3M tape, simply because black one getting more warm when is exposed on direct sun?
Build quality, and specification suggest me that they (Thinkware) are not stupid and the know what they doing. ;)
Thinkware is quite heavy...and has A7LA85 on it ;) who knows.... :)

Temperature and color deferences at sun (F):

rrlhl.jpg

source: http://www.tom-morrow-land.com/tests/cartemp/

not sure....but if tape color (for £2) is a problem, simply don't buy it, or :

photo22101.jpg

the bit rate is currently capped to 10 (11 inc audio) on the front an 8/9 on the rear, ive managed to dump the firmware and found the settings but ive yet to try and change anything, mostly because folk said that there was no way it would do more that 20Mbps. I might take another look if that chipset is capable of more, the other problem I noticed was that I couldn't see a direct link between the numbers for bitrate in the ROM and the real bitrate,

Can anyone point out where the GPS antenna is on the F750 circuit board? I'd like to modify it to use an external GPS antenna, because my windscreen blocks GPS signals so I need to position the antenna elsewhere on the car.

That should be interesting for you guys :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

So this is the world first dashcam with most powerful (from A7 series) processor which is the A7LA85 + Sony IMX122!!! What do you think guys?
I'm quite surprised, so far DATAKAM G5 Duo was close to be first but looks like, finally Thinkware F750 done it!

more info about Datakam G5 DUO thanks to @niko:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-f1-6-lens-wifi-bluetooth-gps-glonass.10484/

compariation of thinkware F750 vs Marcus 4 vs Street Guardian SGZC12SG below:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...s-marcus-4-vs-street-guardian-sgzc12sg.14851/

Well done Thinkware !!!
Dear Jokiin
Do you have video of dismantle procedure F750., or could you tell rubber bungs closed screws adhered or just inserted, how it remove and could they insert/use back after?

Back