Short dash cam cord

BiddyB

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everyone, I recently installed my dual Blackvue DashCam. Unfortunately, the cord that connects the front camera to the back camera is short by about 30 centimetres. Does anyone know where I can buy a female to male cord so I can connect the existing cord to the rear dash camera. Any other recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

not sure if they make extension cables but the cables should be long enough, running through the head lining from front to back there should be plenty of cable unless it was a mini bus or similar

not sure if they make extension cables but the cables should be long enough, running through the head lining from front to back there should be plenty of cable unless it was a mini bus or similar
Thanks for the reply :) I actually had an auto electrician install it for me, and it is still short :( I don't know what to do. How detrimental would it be to perhaps move the rear camera towards the upper corner of the back window? What effect would it have on recording. Thanks

Ford Escape. I don't want to tamper with the car though, since the auto electrician says that it is around the airbags.

you can check with @BlackVue Australia but the cable should be plenty long enough, it sounds very much like they haven't routed the cable correctly, there should be plenty of cable to go through the roof lining from front to back, you've paid them to do it so they should be setting it up correctly, they only have to run cables behind the airbags, it's not difficult

too late now but for anyone else that comes along I'd always suggest a good car radio installer over an auto electrician for this type of work, they're used to working with the interior trims of the vehicles, running cables through headliners, pillars etc, it's stuff most of them have been doing for years with hands free installs, car alarms etc

Ah bugger :( Thanks for the help :) Hopefully I can get a solve for this, because at the moment, the rear camera is useless. Thanks again

honestly I think your problem is installation related, not sure if Blackvue even have extension cables but adding extensions to this type of cable is a potential problem that would be better avoided, one piece cable is always going to be the preferred option

Yeah I know what you mean :( Could I perhaps take it to Auto barn or somewhere similar to get it corrected? If so, how much would that roughly cost me?

Not sure what it would cost but you shouldn't be paying twice to get the job done, better to get them to do it properly like they should have done in the first place

This is interesting, Ford Escape really isn't that big of an SUV. I guess the installer ran the coaxial down the A-Pillar along the door sill and back up.
Typically we run it along the headliner and have no issues, even with 3-row full size SUV's.

10 Meter (30 foot cable) is available on our store but I would see if he would be willing to reroute it.
Some customers have even run the cable straight through from front to back (instead of along the door frame) to avoid the airbags altogether.

Hello everyone, I recently installed my dual Blackvue DashCam. Unfortunately, the cord that connects the front camera to the back camera is short by about 30 centimetres. Does anyone know where I can buy a female to male cord so I can connect the existing cord to the rear dash camera. Any other recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Hello there,

The good news here is that we sourced a connector you can use to extend it. Along with the connector you need to buy a 0.5metre length coax cable which is available.

http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/accessories/mcx-coax-connector/
http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/accessories/coaxial-cable/

Once you get these parts you can pretty much connect them yourself.

Thank you so much everyone for all the help! You have fixed my problem Blackvue Australia! Thanks alot

Back