Short USB cable for dashcam use

9a6or

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C2, Mobius Maxi B2
I've tapped into the rearview mirror's power supply with a 12V-5V 1A converter (made from a USB cigarette lighter adaptor) so all I need is a 10cm long USB cable to power the C2 but the shortest such cable available from Webbex is 1.8m long. I haven't found a short cable for the C2 with Google so my options are to hide 1.8m cable under the roof lining (not preferred) or cutting and soldering the 1.8m long cable. Perhaps it's neatest to cut to size and solder on a new USB A plug on the power adapter side.

Is a short cable available?
Which colour wire goes to which pin in the USB A connector?

I've tapped into the rearview mirror's power supply with a 12V-5V 1A converter (made from a USB cigarette lighter adaptor) so all I need is a 10cm long USB cable to power the C2 but the shortest such cable available from Webbex is 1.8m long. I haven't found a short cable for the C2 with Google so my options are to hide 1.8m cable under the roof lining (not preferred) or cutting and soldering the 1.8m long cable. Perhaps it's neatest to cut to size and solder on a new USB A plug on the power adapter side.

Is a short cable available?
Which colour wire goes to which pin in the USB A connector?

Take a look at this thread on page 4 and the post made by PTZ regarding shorter (and longer) USB leads which may be what you are looking for: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-actioncam-wishlist-2015.11108/page-4

Last edited by a moderator:
The Innovv C2 has its unique custom connector so I suspect off-the-shelf standard cables will not work unfortunately.

Ideally I am after something made specifically for the C2 and available in the UK (I know I'm asking for a lot...).

Back