Shorter Micro USB rear camera cable

AlanC

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has anyone managed to find a micro usb that works with the F800 specifically that is shorter than the one that came with it? Am finding it difficult to tuck all the excess cable away.

Privateer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
RoadHawk DC3 (x1), RoadHawk HD2 (x3)
Hi @AlanC

Sorry, I don't have an F800 nor any Thinkware dashcam so unless somebody comes up with a definite cable then you might have to experiment.

I have a Viofo A119 V3 which I mounted on the front screen but wanted a shorter cable than the standard one. As I just drape the cable from the rearview mirror to the centre console I only needed a cable that was 1 metre in length. I had a look on Amazon and found one that was 1 metre, a mini USB, and that had plenty of good ratings so I bought the following:

UGREEN Mini USB Cable USB 2.0 Type A to Mini B Cable

The above cable works well and cost me £5.99. I know that the above is no good to you as it's Mini and not a Micro but if you check Amazon and look for a power/data cable of the length that you need and which has a lot of good reviews then it's worth a gamble and should work.

Regards,

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, K2S, B2W, (ex N2Pro & Mobius)
Test any cables before doing a full install to be sure they work. Tagging @Thinkware Dash Cam and @Maddog1974 for you in hopes of getting a more 'official' answer ;)

Phil