Shorter rear cable for A129 Duo

Ansley12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey, does anyone know where I can get a rear cable for my dashcam specifically a 2.5m one? The one I have is the 6m which came with the dashcam which is wayyyy to long and I don’t have space to tuck it in etc. I’ve tried contacting Viofo and unfortunately they don’t make one in 2.5m length or even 3 meters.

Wow, what are you driving? I needed the 8m to get the cable from the rear to the front of my Mini. I had less than 2' of slack left.

They do an 80cm one, for the A129 IR.

At least, the one I have is 80cm

There is always somewhere it can be tucked in, although you may need to add a cover before it is possible!

Hey, does anyone know where I can get a rear cable for my dashcam specifically a 2.5m one? The one I have is the 6m which came with the dashcam which is wayyyy to long and I don’t have space to tuck it in etc. I’ve tried contacting Viofo and unfortunately they don’t make one in 2.5m length or even 3 meters.
Speak with @OCD Tronic they have cables available in various lengths

Wow, what are you driving? I needed the 8m to get the cable from the rear to the front of my Mini. I had less than 2' of slack left.
I have a Genesis Coupe and I was planning on putting the rear camera on top of my dash, recording the inside of my car because it’s kinda pointless to put it in the rear window. My car doesn’t have a rear wiper so whenever its raining or snowing or just foggy it doesn’t really “see” anything.

you will be better off putting it up high, better view of the cabin from there, just try and do a "dry run" with the camera without installing it permanent either place.
In my little car i have found out that the mirror stalk are a perfect place for a cabin camera.

Low placement.

High placement.

You won't see anything but black when driving at night, that's why they made the IR model with a rear cam that has IR illumination.

They sell the rear IR camera seperately and the firmware on the front unit can be flashed to the Duo IR firmware basically making the system the 129 Duo IR

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It are sort of okay in a town level ambient light environment :cautious: but yes out in the countryside at night you will not see much of the cabin, only once in a while when cabin are illuminated by headlights of oncoming car.

you will be better off putting it up high, better view of the cabin from there, just try and do a "dry run" with the camera without installing it permanent either place.
In my little car i have found out that the mirror stalk are a perfect place for a cabin camera.

Low placement.

High placement.
Yeah Ill probably place it up high then. Looks like the angle is better.

If I do place it high im probably Only gonna need the shorter rear cables yeah?

You won't see anything but black when driving at night, that's why they made the IR model with a rear cam that has IR illumination.

They sell the rear IR camera seperately and the firmware on the front unit can be flashed to the Duo IR firmware basically making the system the 129 Duo IR

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I haven’t updated mine. Will look into it when I got it set in place.

I'm sure the cable enjoyed all the sights on the scenic route it has taken ;)
Under BMW ownership, the mini is now massive, overweight and needs a long cable!

8zifZuxdD2dBSic7Tdm7h80YVR6d96EQCz4yLrPvYmA.jpg

Before BMW ownership it used to be tiny, but still had plenty of room to seat 4 people comfortably, or if you were going for the world record then 27, with the BMW mini managing 28!

9Uvhadw.jpg

Back