Should I buy a SJ6 or wait till the Final Firmware of SJ7 is arrived

Mauki

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I want to buy a SJCam for Trailrunning and for Holiday. I want to film and take pictures while I'm running. I like to make panorama pictures too.

First I want the SJ7 but I don't want to be a beta tester and wait for the final Firmware. Today I think, he man why you don't bought a SJ6.

It's the same camera with the same software I think or not?

Only 12p pictures does the SJ7 have. Are there some other features the SJ6 don't have?

If you are running you better have a camera with a good IS system, but for anything as bouncy like running i doubt EIS or OIS can keep up on their own.

The SJ6 seem the most suites for you as it also have raw photos, so any little things you can tweak in post production before you stitch your panorama shots together.
Sadly i have lost my Sj6 so i cant test if it is suited for use while running, but i do fear the EIS cant keep up.

If you are running you better have a camera with a good IS system, but for anything as bouncy like running i doubt EIS or OIS can keep up on their own.

The SJ6 seem the most suites for you as it also have raw photos, so any little things you can tweak in post production before you stitch your panorama shots together.
Sadly i have lost my Sj6 so i cant test if it is suited for use while running, but i do fear the EIS cant keep up.

Thanks for your suggestions KamKar1... i thought there was some hope for your to recover your unit..... Will ask to see what we can do regarding a sample unit....

I just saw some reviews of the "new" Body cameras from Trancend, pretty nice but without any form on IS i think so just walking footage was hard to watch.
I would imagine running would make it even worse.
And even if i could you would not see me running with a chest harness and then a gimbal installed on the chest, but i think that's just about the only chance you have for fairly good footage while running, not least on trails.
So i would research this more on the internet before spending any money, just to see what other people are using and the results they get.

I was scolding my friend dog yesterday about the SJ6 as i was taking care of it while he was in Germany for the day, but the dog dident mind one bit and was its old hyperactive self so good think i did not bring the Sj7 near her ( off course its a female dog :rolleyes: )

My friend are now requesting i bring him his selfie-pole, so ( i never thought i would say this ) seem like i will have to buy a selfie-pole myself ( good thing such things are not that expensive )
And if all goes well i have a planned shopping mission in China coming up, nothing big but i do think the place sell selfie-poles too.
But with my old and sore knees and stiffening joints i can see the selfie pole come to good use, sadly i am no longer as flexible as i use to be.

Hell 10 years ago i could still put my hands flat on the floor in front of my feet without bending my long lags, now i am happy if i could just touch my knees.

A friend of mine use a Apeman A 80 for Trailrunning and the videos looks good.

Is the SJ6 better?

I just saw some reviews of the "new" Body cameras from Trancend, pretty nice but without any form on IS i think so just walking footage was hard to watch.
I would imagine running would make it even worse.
And even if i could you would not see me running with a chest harness and then a gimbal installed on the chest, but i think that's just about the only chance you have for fairly good footage while running, not least on trails.
So i would research this more on the internet before spending any money, just to see what other people are using and the results they get.

I was scolding my friend dog yesterday about the SJ6 as i was taking care of it while he was in Germany for the day, but the dog dident mind one bit and was its old hyperactive self so good think i did not bring the Sj7 near her ( off course its a female dog :rolleyes: )

My friend are now requesting i bring him his selfie-pole, so ( i never thought i would say this ) seem like i will have to buy a selfie-pole myself ( good thing such things are not that expensive )
And if all goes well i have a planned shopping mission in China coming up, nothing big but i do think the place sell selfie-poles too.
But with my old and sore knees and stiffening joints i can see the selfie pole come to good use, sadly i am no longer as flexible as i use to be.

Hell 10 years ago i could still put my hands flat on the floor in front of my feet without bending my long lags, now i am happy if i could just touch my knees.

What is the model number for the bodycam?

They have 3 models i belive, drivepro body 10 - 20 and the most interesting i think 52

I have beta firmware for a SJ6 (v1.4.6) and SJ6 Air (v1.2.3). Please PM me or email to tony@sjcamhd.com for download link.

Back