Should I buy cheap cam with reverse parking mode or a proper dashcam?

oprime05

Reaction score
Country
India
I just bought a car in India which does not have a reversing camera or a HU which has a proper display (Honda Brio S MT).

I have two options -
1. Get a separate display + reversing camera installed ; and dash cam separately installed
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ssistance-With-4-LED/1077082_32822456855.html

2. Get something like the Junsun H7 which integrates both features
(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jun...ecorder-Registrator-G-Sensor/32693319793.html)
But the Junsun H7 has a very big lens which is definitely noticeable. Also does not have supercapacitor. India is a sub tropical country and battery will be bloated in a few months.

Which one do you think is a better option?

Also if I go for a separate dashcam, I am confused between Viofo A119S v2 and the Mini 0906. The Mini is much cheaper if I consider that it has 2 cams. But has any real life comparison been done between these two?
Also the Gearbest link mentioned here(https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0906/) does not mention Sony sensor anywhere. But the Amazon.com link does. Is it better to buy it from Amazon?

Budget is around 100$. But if I get the Viofo one, then I will get a single camera for now and buy a rear cam later. For Mini 0906 I can stretch my budget a bit.

Also the Gearbest link mentioned here(https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0906/) does not mention Sony sensor anywhere. But the Amazon.com link does. Is it better to buy it from Amazon?
Yes, Mini 0906 uses industry-leading Sony Exmor sensor (Front IMX290/291 and Rear IMX 322/323). It is a budget dual dash cam. The price for veckle Mini 0906 is $132.99, includes CPL filter which costs about $13 and built-in GPS mount. Please think about it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Mini 0906 uses industry-leading Sony Exmor sensor (Front IMX290/291 and Rear IMX 322/323). It is a budget dual dash cam. The price for veckle Mini 0906 is $132.99, includes CPL filter which costs about $13 and built-in GPS mount. Please think about it. :)
The rear camera quality at night seems to be very bad for the Mini 0906.

I dident get around to play with the rear camera of my test 0906, but i know from other cameras that back there with no light from headlights you see even less.
Thats just how it are, and thankfully the erratic movement of 2 headlights will be enough to prove that the car coming up from behind and maybe hit you was driving erratic way before it hit you.
The sensors used in the rear 0906 cameras should be just about as good as it can get aside for putting a IMX 291 back there, and i am not sure that will do any good in general.

I dident get around to play with the rear camera of my test 0906, but i know from other cameras that back there with no light from headlights you see even less.
Thats just how it are, and thankfully the erratic movement of 2 headlights will be enough to prove that the car coming up from behind and maybe hit you was driving erratic way before it hit you.
The sensors used in the rear 0906 cameras should be just about as good as it can get aside for putting a IMX 291 back there, and i am not sure that will do any good in general.
Won't the image quality be slightly better if a Viofo A119S is used in the back?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

A 5mpix sensor like in the A119pro can of course provide a better resolution, and for daytime that are quite nice, but for night time at best the A119pro will only match the Sony sensor in the rear 0906 camera.
Overall resolution have little to say for night time recording where light sensitivity are much more preferred.

The larger pixel count you have on a given sensor size the lesser the low light performance as the individual pixels have to be smaller if there are a lot of them, thats why the best low light performers are still 2.1 mpix 1080p sensors as they have room for larger individual pixels to capture more light.

A 5mpix sensor like in the A119pro can of course provide a better resolution, and for daytime that are quite nice, but for night time at best the A119pro will only match the Sony sensor in the rear 0906 camera.
Overall resolution have little to say for night time recording where light sensitivity are much more preferred.

The larger pixel count you have on a given sensor size the lesser the low light performance as the individual pixels have to be smaller if there are a lot of them, thats why the best low light performers are still 2.1 mpix 1080p sensors as they have room for larger individual pixels to capture more light.
I was talking about the A119S not the Pro. S has the better performing, lower resolution sony sensor.
Also along with the sensor, it seems that the video capture algorithm makes a big difference in the videos that are captured. StreetGuardian cameras have same sensor as those used in cheap chinese cameras. But the image quality looks to be much much better and sharper.

Yes the A110S have the IMX 291 sensor, so it will be a little more bright than a IMX 323 sensor can do, but really i dont thing the gain will be much more useful, i dont even think that for those sensors used in the front of the car.
Only + as i see it is that with the IMX 291 you do see more in the footage at night and that do make it more easy on the eye to watch, but if you pause or go frame by frame you will notice that all the extra you can see at night are still suffering from motion blur and so not really useful, at least not for any small detail.
You will offcourse be able to see in the footage that the apartment block you drove pase, well some one are trying to push something large over a balcony, and the next day you might read that it was a piano.

This is IMX291 ( top ) VS IMX 323 ( bottom )

O forgot the #1 post

I would go for a dedicated reversing camera for that stuff, and a dashcam for just dashcam stuff, that huge 4" dashcam might be useable to reverse by, but i have my doubts as to if it can deal with the Indian Summer or winter for that matter,,,, unless of course you are way up north in the country.

Yes the A110S have the IMX 291 sensor, so it will be a little more bright than a IMX 323 sensor can do, but really i dont thing the gain will be much more useful, i dont even think that for those sensors used in the front of the car.
Only + as i see it is that with the IMX 291 you do see more in the footage at night and that do make it more easy on the eye to watch, but if you pause or go frame by frame you will notice that all the extra you can see at night are still suffering from motion blur and so not really useful, at least not for any small detail.
You will offcourse be able to see in the footage that the apartment block you drove pase, well some one are trying to push something large over a balcony, and the next day you might read that it was a piano.

This is IMX291 ( top ) VS IMX 323 ( bottom )
I am now thinking about the Blueskysea B1W as the rear cam. It is cheap and has good picture quality. For front will most likely use the A119S.

I saw your reply here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thre...rear-camera-on-a-hatchback.31408/#post-371861
You have mentioned something about super magnet. Can you give me a picture of the install or a link to a tutorial for similar setup?
Though I guess it may not work for me as I have a Honda Brio (all glass rear hatch door)

Last edited:
I will try and snap some pics later today, i need to as the file host i used to use shut down loosing me a decade of online pictures.

Back