Should I Buy The K1S?

Hirsty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need help with my first dash cam purchase, I've been looking at different ones to buy for my Hyundai i10 and I'm looking to buy the K1S as its got a rear HD cam as well which is important to me.

However it is expensive, which I don't mind as long as I get what I'm paying for but I've read multiple reports of different faults; freezing, overheating, recording faults etc.

So what I want to know is how reliable is it? I don't want to waste my money on a cam that's going to break within a couple of months. How good are Koolung with refunds or replacements if it does break?

Also are there any front and rear dash cam alternatives if the K1S isn't the one to buy?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

No for several reasons...

The camera female sockets seem to be easily disturbed and the resultant intermittent open circuit raps the power off ...

It is expensive

it has an old ov2... sensor and is not the best footage you will see by day and certainly nothing sparkling at night.

to sum up .. you can do better for less money and have better footage with more reliability

No for several reasons...

The camera female sockets seem to be easily disturbed and the resultant intermittent open circuit raps the power off ...

It is expensive

it has an old ov2... sensor and is not the best footage you will see by day and certainly nothing sparkling at night.

to sum up .. you can do better for less money and have better footage with more reliability

OK thanks looks like I'll avoid that one then, are there any front and rear cams you would recommend instead?

There isn't anything out there that checks every box today unfortunately.
I know of a few exciting things in development for 2016.

I genuinely had a camera that vibrated with button inputs etc...

that was exciting !!!

Back