Should I hardwire my dashcam without fuse tap ?

Is it OK and SAFE to hardwire a dashcam without fuse taps

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

KiNG_A7MD

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello everyone

I have the power magic pro hardwiring kit to hardwire my viofo a119s
But I forgot to buy fuse taps with it, so I tried to get those fuse taps from any local store but I haven't found any store selling them, so now I have to hardwire the dash cam into the fuse box without using fuse taps, just like in this picture

IMG_8917.jpg

instead of using fuse taps

Fuse_Tap_Fitted.jpg

So, is it OK to hardwire the dashcam like the first picture ?
Is it safe ?

If it is OK and safe, can I connect the wire to either legs of the fuse or the hot side only ?

Hello everyone

I have the power magic pro hardwiring kit to hardwire my viofo a119s
But I forgot to buy fuse taps with it, so I tried to get those fuse taps from any local store but I haven't found any store selling them, so now I have to hardwire the dash cam into the fuse box without using fuse taps, just like in this picture

IMG_8917.jpg

Fuse_Tap_Fitted.jpg

Is it safe ?

If it is OK and safe, can I connect the wire to either legs of the fuse or the hot side only ?

Jokiin is much more knowledgeable then me but I had the PMP and used the add a fuse....they are awesome. However, I’ve seen many people just wrap the wire around the fuse legs and it works fine.

Hello everyone
Is it safe ?
Yes, then no.. then definitely a no.
Yes it is OK to hardwire to the fuse. But! wrapping the wire around a leg of the fuse is not very dependable and may work loose.. and it will expand the slot to the point your fuse could fall out.
No, it is not safe as the original fuse you connect to is sized for a certain wire size.. the wire on your dash cam is MUCH smaller and will overheat and possibly cause a fire long before the fuse blows.
No.. you can not attach to either side of the fuse. If.. you attach to the hot side.. you have absolutely NO protection.. you MUST attach to the cold side to get the benefit of that fuse.
For what it is worth.. I soldered the dash cam leads to the cold side of my fuses.. destroying several fuses in the process and then filed down the excess so the fit was the same. My "kit" included in line fuses so I did use them as well. I did not use fuse taps as they would prevent me from using my fuse box cover due to the increase height.
<edit> And a really bad picture of my fuses

Attachments

• Dascam fuse.jpg
    Dascam fuse.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
You should look a around for these then and if you solder them like you have i hope you covered the excess wire as leaving it like that is as bad as wrapping them around a leg Reply

Attachments

• full size 10amp.jpg
    full size 10amp.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 27
  • fuses1.jpg
    fuses1.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 28
Suggest that you get one fuse,its cost is cheap on Aliexpress.

Back