Should I win this oil pan damage city lawsuit? Video included

OP
OP
I
Country
United States
I hear a bit of vibration, did you add the included EVA foam pad? on the mount (or back of camera if your mount doesn't have a flat surface)

This video is for the SG9663DC but same method.
I didn't know what those were for, I still have mine in the box and will have to add it. Thanks.

Rajagra

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini0806
Grab the money and run IMO.
I do happen to think they were in the wrong. They effictively comouflaged the problem by leaving a smooth mound around it making it appear to be less high than it was. They didn't mark it with white paint. Over here, the times I have such work they lead with a sign saying "Exposed ironwork." That's a bit confusing until you work out what they mean. But they remove all the tarmac around the metal parts so it is highly visible and triggers the appropriate level of concern. I expect your people did it that way so you can drive a wheel over it, but how are you supposed to know that? Or they knew it was high enough to hit, but smoothed it to minimise damage. Either way, I think it's a bad way to handle it.
But having said that you've been given a sizeable offer without having to put up much of a fight, and if it covers what you needed it's reasonable.

P.S. I just realised that after the impact you reversed back over it. Then drove forward over it again. Lucky you didn't cause more damage, or you may have made it far more difficult to claim.

Last edited: