Should I yet, & how can I?

S15LVO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I used to have a F770 so would like to get another dual cam setup.

Should I get the 0906 or is it still in development?

Where can I get it as all the adds are for pre production models and I was wondering if I can get my hands on a test sample at 1/2 price in exchange for test feedback?

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Silvio

the half price deal was over long ago, production units have just started shipping so you should see them available soon

Try here http://combi.org.uk/products/165/Mini-0906-Dual-Lens-2x-1080P-Full-HD-Dash-Cam-with-GPS not bought from them before but have heard that they provide excellent customer service.

What happened to your F770? I've been looking at getting one of those after having problems with a Mini 0801 and a 0806, mount and battery issues, although the 0906 has a re-designed mount and capacitor so should be more reliable.

As with a lot of expensive toys, you lose interest and then find other things you can spend the money on. this time I want one for my new bmw but I don't want to spend the earth.

that link dose does not include the CPL filter and even though they say the latest model the image shows the old test rear camera model...

Which BMW are putting it in? I'm thinking of upgrading from a 0806 to the 0906 for my F15. I'm might order one from Ali Express and wait a few weeks for delivery. No duty but VAT to pay.

I have a F43 LCI but as it has a camera for the adaptive led headlight I not sure where I would place it on the windscreen?

Isn't the camera for the adaptive headlights in the mounting block for the rear view mirror? I have my mini 0806 mounted to the left of this as high as possible taking care yo avoid the dotted shading being in view. You can hardly see it from the drivers seat.

Isn't the camera for the adaptive headlights in the mounting block for the rear view mirror? I have my mini 0806 mounted to the left of this as high as possible taking care yo avoid the dotted shading being in view. You can hardly see it from the drivers seat.
Hi thats right. dose yours catch the mirror on the side of the picture? can you share a video of you front cam footage to see how it looks?

No it is fine. I'm overseas at the moment so cannot share video atm. When I mounted mine I just held the camera on the mount against the windscreen and moved it around until I was happy with the view. A bit tricky with only one pair of hands! I ended up marking the location with masking tape below and to the left of the mount so I knew where to return it to after removing the tape from the sticky pad. Also worth checking from the outside to ensure it is square....I enlisted son to assist with that.

Back