Shutter/Select button and adjacent Work Status light failure

Chris Williams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently found that the shutter/select button was behaving intermittently along with flickering of its adjacent work status light. Soon afterwards they both failed completely. I can start/stop recording using the remote, but have no direct control of shutter or settings. Any advice gratefully received.

I thought that too, so took it apart and checked. All ribbons intact. Interestingly, the tiny circuit board that the top led and shutter button are mounted on seems to be soldered onto the main board at 90 degrees with 3 big blobs of solder. I'm wondering if the board could have been bent and broken the connections somehow. All put back together now with no change. I can't control the settings with Finalcam as its settings mode crashes the app on my Nexus 7 and FNcam only has basic settings. Maybe the long-awaited Gitup app will make it possible to change all the settings.

I thought that too, so took it apart and checked. All ribbons intact. Interestingly, the tiny circuit board that the top led and shutter button are mounted on seems to be soldered onto the main board at 90 degrees with 3 big blobs of solder. I'm wondering if the board could have been bent and broken the connections somehow. All put back together now with no change. I can't control the settings with Finalcam as its settings mode crashes the app on my Nexus 7 and FNcam only has basic settings. Maybe the long-awaited Gitup app will make it possible to change all the settings.
You can make direct connection with the #1 and #2(from left to right) solder, after connected, it works like press the shutter button once, so we can know if anything wrong with the main PCB or only solder problem.

Thanks for trying to fix it, wish you can solve it.

Thank you @gitup for the suggestion. I will try this later today and report back.

I dismantled the camera again and tried your suggestion, @gitup, but without success. The shutter did not release in camera or video mode and I could make a selection in settings mode. See photos that shows red light not illuminated. 1609a.jpg DSC01612.JPG DSC01615.JPG

Correction: ...and I could NOT make a selection in settings mode.

OK, you can contact the seller first, maybe is better to get a replacement, if the seller can not help you, please drop a PM to me, thanks for your trying.

I've also had this problem - only had the cam for a month and whilst out and about today I noticed I couldn't get the button to respond.
I've contacted the seller but my hopes aren't high, hopefully they'll sort a replacement. And I hope it happens quick too, as I've got a week long holiday coming up which I'd bought the camera specifically for.

I've also had this problem - only had the cam for a month and whilst out and about today I noticed I couldn't get the button to respond.
I've contacted the seller but my hopes aren't high, hopefully they'll sort a replacement. And I hope it happens quick too, as I've got a week long holiday coming up which I'd bought the camera specifically for.
I have sent PM to you, wish we can help you to solve the issue.

Hi, have you solved your problem yet? I have the same one and I also don't know how to fix it :( But in my case the LED that is next to Shutter button (on the top of camera) is not working since I got the camera. Probably there is some manufacturing defect but I would like to try to repair it. I don't need this LED, the most important is the Shutter button works.
@gitup can you also try to help me?

Set the option to ALL LED ON, maybe you forgot to check that.
I have already checked it many times. All LED should be ON (I set this option) but this one is not working. Unfortunately I am sure there is a defect.

Hi, have you solved your problem yet? I have the same one and I also don't know how to fix it :( But in my case the LED that is next to Shutter button (on the top of camera) is not working since I got the camera. Probably there is some manufacturing defect but I would like to try to repair it. I don't need this LED, the most important is the Shutter button works.
@gitup can you also try to help me?
I suggest you PM @gitup as he sorted the problem for me. Superb service and very helpful. :)

I am having same problem with my Git 2 Seller has now left eBay so no way to contact him
How can I fix this 3 week old camera please??

I am having same problem with my Git 2 Seller has now left eBay so no way to contact him
How can I fix this 3 week old camera please??

if the seller can't be found best to talk to @gitup directly, it might take a little longer because they are in a different country but I'm sure they will work to help you out

Click on the name "gitup" in your latest posting, then click on "start a conversation".

Unfortunately I have the same problem, with just one month of use the shutter button stopped working completely. Any solution?

If the little PCB underneath the button is not in place anymore, then you should re-solder it. If it is still there, the little switch underneath the button is broken. Im that case the little PCB must be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Git2 3
N Git2 3
O Git2 6
Back