Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Just took a look on my M2 or rather the sd card in it :eek:

fishy_M2.jpg

Thats my U3 card from PNY.
Using windows the card just open up and display all the files, anf if i try to play one of the marked files then windows will not do that off course.
i will run H2testw on it soon to make sure its not the card, but it seel like to be mostly last files, but my M2 is the battery version.

formatted the card running H2testw on it now, and i got red numbers all over the place, seem like card is broken again ( already RMAed 1 time with Amazon )

Warning: Only 61228 of 61229 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
31.3 GByte OK (65714752 sectors)
15.7 MByte DATA LOST (32192 sectors)
Details:1.5 KByte overwritten (3 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
15.7 MByte corrupted (32189 sectors)
1.5 KByte aliased memory (3 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000000f49c0000
Expected: 0x00000000f49c0000
Found: 0xaad3d7278847ca2b
H2testw version 1.3

Thats copied to clipbord while H2testw is still working on the card

In the beginning, when my first M2 was causing those distorted green flashes in the videos I had an issue where the camera apparently corrupted a brand new, out of the package, freshly formatted Transcend 400x card. It is possible that the card was defective but at the time it sure felt like the camera was the culprit. Then I had a similar but less dramatic issue again with a new card and the camera froze up several times requiring me to remove the battery and do hard resets. With later beta firmware revisions since that time I've had no issues along those lines.

It does seem to be mostly the last file which is messed up from each trip, but not always. Have you tried it with another card?

I got this card from amazon February 24 - 2016, and it was then RMA in June, and due to it already being RMA 1 time i dont seem to be able to do that again :(

Darn it right now i dont feel lucky with memory cards, though the mid year of 2016 was much worse as RMAs was going out of here left and right.
So now i am down one SD card again, and i am not sure if i want to buy the same PNY card to maintain my SD card suite for testing purpose.
Maybe its time i try something new, but cheaper at least, so i think i will have a look at some of the cheaper samsungs as i dont have that yet aside for a full size 32 Gb pro+ in my Nikon.

I got this card from amazon February 24 - 2016, and it was then RMA in June, and due to it already being RMA 1 time i dont seem to be able to do that again :(

Darn it right now i dont feel lucky with memory cards, though the mid year of 2016 was much worse as RMAs was going out of here left and right.
So now i am down one SD card again, and i am not sure if i want to buy the same PNY card to maintain my SD card suite for testing purpose.
Maybe its time i try something new, but cheaper at least, so i think i will have a look at some of the cheaper samsungs as i dont have that yet aside for a full size 32 Gb pro+ in my Nikon.

I own three Samsung EVO cards and they have all been very reliable.

Not yet Tony, but all i have not already in a camera is a 16 Gb kingston card.

Noticed a few random corrupted files on my Transcend 64GB 400X being used in the A119S, have formatted the card and will keep an eye.

Tried recovering them using Dashcam viewer for experiment sake but the recovered frames total to around 10-15 seconds of fragmented footage.

Checking on the cards every few days is probably the only fool proof way to ensure that the cards are working as intended.

Perhaps i should look in B&M stores first, i had a few of my Kingston cards RMAed more than one time, okay that may be due to me buing a few of those in the same store.
Never had any issued, filled in RMA form on the computer at home, took down RMA # on paper, whent to shop with broken card and RMA# and leave a few minutes later with new card.

Now i just hope all hell will not break loose, i am hoping to be able to afford a 3-4 Gb harddrive for a premature birthday present for myself this summer.
I am running out of space, even had to wipe my 50Gb MEGA account a few days ago to make room for more.
And the drive space i do have, have also undergone a severe cleaning ditching a lot of old stuff.

Been looking at B&M stores here, and i have to admit i might pick up another of the 128 Gb Toshiba U3 cards, damn good deal for a 128 Gb card even if its write speed is just 40 MB/s
And the one i already have is still going strong since June 1 2016 in the GC.

The Toshiba is 44 USD, if you look for any other 128 Gb / U3 card here you will have to pay double of that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Osmosis Mobius 2 / M2 3
Back