Sick of my DOD LS300 unplayable files, new dashcam suggestions

muso

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Had my DODLS300w for a while now, it has always produced a number of unplayable MOV. files. The only softwaren that has been able to repair them for viewing is 'Grauonline' which repairs 50% on the demo version.

I have tried and tested all my class 10 32 gb micro sd cards, they all (6 of them) passed the software test so they are not fakes, not even the 2 ebay ones. The others I purchased from JB Hi Fi and Office works, all class 10 32 gb. (brands are Kingston, Sandisk and Samsung)

I have two dashcams, one is the DOD ls300w the other is an ebay copy which works almost as well as the DOD.
But with either often only 6 out of 10 files will be playable.

I want to try a new dashcam, pref will rear view as well, but it MUST be reliable and be obviously at least 1080p FHD with wide angle view like the DOD has. But above all things I must be able to depend on it working reliably, had a gut full of these blank unplayable video files, I simply cannot rely on either of these. The DOD was over $200 when I got it so it wasn't a cheapy so to speak. But I'm willing to spend that much again if I can get reliability.....surely can't be that hard.

I'd also like to source a good reliable 32 gb micro sd card (even if mine all pass the tests)

Many thanks in advance

I've bought a Viofo A119 I'll see how that goes

Besides getting a bit hot to the touch running 24/7 - not too hot - my DR650S-2ch hasn't let me down so far. Have had it running in my car for 24/7 for about 1½ month, parked in hot sunny weather 8-10 hrs at a time and also parked for 12hrs without problems.
Had some troubles with the imagequality but got it fixed. (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/fw-1-007-image-quality-loss-during-driving.30197/)

It has never produced unplayable videofiles. The thing it lacks, for my kind of taste, is the lock of event-files. But with 128GB of storage, FHD@30+HD@30 and highest bitrate, 18hrs of continuous recording should be sufficient to get the event-recording downloaded to phone or PC before getting overwritten, Ofc smaller memorycards will have shorter recordingtime with the same configuration. But nonetheless..

The hazzle for me is to transfer all 128GB which takes almost 3hrs on a USB 3.0 connection.. Skimming through relevant footage takes about 10-15 minutes.. Then everything non-relevant gets deleted and card formatted once a week. Back in business.

Last edited:
Try to enter the playback mode, sometimes it can repair the files.

Enter playback mode on the dashcam itself?

Well I bought a Viofo A119 and it's brilliant, has not missed a single file yet and reliably deletes the oldest files first. Mine doesn't have the gps mount so there is no gps which suits me fine. It has restored my faith in dashcam reliability, my Dod ls300w has never been reliable!

Back