Side by Side A119V3 v A119v2

Tractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DCTeam A119 V3 - A119 V2 X 2 - GitUp G3 Duo - Yi DashCam
Here is a sample of A119 v2 side by side with the A119 v3. Near the end of the YouTube video there is a sample of both in a dark situation.

Note the different lens angle and much improved clarity.

The V3 is stunning! Brighter, crisper, better color- everything I like seeing :love: Firmware improvements might be tougher with this one being so good right out of the box (but I'm sure the DCTeam will find improvements when they begin working on this version (y))

Phil

Thanks for posting this (and doing the comparison run). First impressions: V3 is quicker to respond to changing light conditions, shows more detail, more contrast (higher dynamic range?). V3 seems a big step ahead.

Just need to see it on sale to Joe Public.

Wonder when Amazon UK will get it listed.

I prefer to use Amazon because I use their locker system. I've had problems with them delivering to wrong addresses, 5 out of my first 8 orders last year went astray.
Plus, I sit in all day and they deliver here, or elsewhere, at 19:00(ish).
Lockers are perfect, collect in my time.

Hers a 1080p sample of 2 front A119 a V3 and V2 along with a A119 rear. Both V2s are using Mod 6Ro. Darker CPL on Front V2 Light CPL on V3 No CPL rear.

Gloomy day but the type of day we all have to drive in sometimes.

Hers a 1080p sample of 2 front A119 a V3 and V2 along with a A119 rear. Both V2s are using Mod 6Ro. Darker CPL on Front V2 Light CPL on V3 No CPL rear.

hmmm ... you really make it hard for me - to get to a good decision :)
that video pretty much confirms my idea, to re-use my A119v1 as a rear-cam (due to it's wide angle) - and get the A119v3 as my new front-cam.
My only headache is the 'only' 140 degree FOV of the new A119 V3 ... that's something - I'm not yet ready to swallow ...

Personally I prefer the 140degree V3 lens to the wide angle of the V2. You only lose a bit at the edge of the screen which tends to be distorted due to the lens angle.

So - today - I've swapped the A119-V1 with the A119-V3:

I've driven both cams the same route one-after the other, then compared the videos on the monitor (no scaling) ...

A119-V3: (came already with FW-1.02 installed - and I put in a 128G Sandisk-high-endurance card)
COOL: the CPL from the V1 also fits on the V3 :)
I'm just not a big fan of it - as the CPL reduces low-light/night quality too much for my taste.

WOW! - the video-quality of the V3 is really impressive! :) 30.7 Mbit/sec H264!
(I have no hardware-assisted H265-playback gear to try that out in a usefull way :-( )
The readability of license-plates is extremely good and a significant improvement to the old A119!
Licenseplates of oncoming traffic even at ~70+km/h is still reliably readable!

The lower FOV (field-of-view) of ~140 degree - is visible... I can get used to it - but I will miss that :-(

A119-V1: (using MOD5RK - as my 64-GB Sandisk-high-endurance card can't reliably do higher bitrates)
In good daylight - the video-quality of this 2+ years old 'oldie' is still damn IMPRESSIVE!
comparing the video side-by-side (V1 vs V3) shows, that while up to 50km/h - I can read licenseplates of oncoming vehicles on the V1 too,
at 70+ km/h they are not readable any more - they're blurr out on the V1, but stay readable on the V3.
That doesn't mean that they're NEVER readable on the V1 - but it requires a lot of luck. (like very good light)

The 170-deg FOV - well - again - side-by-side - that's still a quite cool and uniq feature - esp. for driving in the city.

So yeah - I'm not regretting the "upgrade" ... let's hope the V3 is as reliable as the old V1 was :)
(My pogo-pins aren't bent - and work fine, as I've not removed the cam that frequently)

The 'oldie' A119-v1 - will now be moved to the rear-window (hatch) - which is a bit of an effort, as the mounting
has to be mechanically very solid. (this excludes a simple adhesive mount/glue onto the rear-window)
I have an idea how to "do that right (tm)" - but it'll take a bit time. ;-)

Yeah the V3 hardware combination look cool.

Back