Side Cam Help

Well its just arrived, i know what i am going to be doing this weekend. :)

39a2d87a86722d5e03c88e1dddf1c7ab.jpg

I hope the weather holds out. oh and a big thank you @niko for sorting this out and get it delivered excellent service.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All Cams was ripped out and only Street Guardian installed with the Cellink battery packs,

I installed the battery packs in the boot and the Dashcam DVR unit was installed in the Glovebox for ease of access. CPL filter makes a big difference on my dashboard, (y) took a lot longer to do the install, as I was trying to plan out the best place for the battery packs and I did not want them under the seats.

side cams will install next weekend, as my back hurts, I'm not getting any younger. :)+

We sure dont get any younger or more flexible.

I saw a Danish skateboarder on TV, he was in the very first X games in 1992 or something, now he want to qualify for the Olympics as skateboard are on the program.
But as he is also very age stricken he have to work out a lot to be able to do the things he want to do on the board.

I think after this install, I might get someone else to do it. @jokiin if you release a new DR model, can we keep the cable connections the same please, it will be easier on my back, and I don't fancy having to rip out the cables again. :)

It would be nice if i could get my nephew to do some things, problem is he is pretty clueless in regard to cars, at the age of +30 he dont even have a driving license.
Kids today are pretty much buy and then throw away, and no interest in being able to do anything yourself.

So true, we live in a throw away society and when you think about it, electronic items are not designed to last like they did years ago. Now take modern cars with all these computers inside, digital dashboards with 12" built in Toch screens etc et. gone on the days of push buttons or manual air vent sliders, everything is going touch base or all built into the Car Entertainment screen.

Now from my experience their has been quite a few occasions I have had to turn the car off and turn on the Car, because the In Car Entertainment systems requires a reboot, and I have had quite a few cars.

the cable through the bottom of the door there might present itself as a problem over time with continual opening and closing

Reactions: RLS
the cable through the bottom of the door there might present itself as a problem over time with continual opening and closing

True, mainly because people occasionally get their feet caught in the cable at the base of the door.
I should try a bit harder and insert the cable through the grommets into the door cavity, however the current lazy setup using double sided gel tape still works quite well for over a year now.

True, mainly because people occasionally get their feet caught in the cable at the base of the door.
I should try a bit harder and insert the cable through the grommets into the door cavity, however the current lazy setup using double sided gel tape still works quite well for over a year now.

I would recommend searching for your car’s schematics... there’s usually PDF or even just google image search. Prob even videos on YouTube.

For most cars, it’s usually not too difficult to disassemble the inside of a door, at least to the point where you can neatly tuck and use some adhesive wire clips. The way that wire is dangling will also wiggle the connection with the camera lens unit each time the door is open/closed (plenty of people close/slam car doors, even unintentionally).

Do it once and do it right. It’s much better than risking the chance of snagging/crushing the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some problems figuring out how to get the damn wind up/down handles off my rear door, and ended up forcing things though it all still work as it is supposed to do.
Getting the USB C plugs fron the K2S system thru was also fairly easy but i could see larger plugs mayeb needing to be pulled thru VS just pushed thru as i was able to do ( having the rubber grommet off dangling on the speaker wires )
Once i got it started it was pretty easy.

When i move my DR system to the side i will attempt the universal mount approach i have talked about, but if it dont work i can still just stick the cameras to the static glass on my rear doors.

Well its just arrived, i know what i am going to be doing this weekend. :)

I hope the weather holds out. oh and a big thank you @niko for sorting this out and get it delivered excellent service.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

OptimalKiller, did you have to pay additional UK import duty when you bought from Niko? I'm considering one of these myself to replace my K2S.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wozzzzza SG9663DR 20
Back