Silent operation with screen + LEDs off?

ANI

Reaction score
Country
Finland
My old dashcam died recently and I'm currently in search for a replacement. As I have preferred as discreet installation as possible, my previous camera was without a display, and I had covered the LEDs with black tape and configured all beeps off.

I wonder how close to a "completely dark and silent" operation can the SGGCX2PRO be configured...

Reading the manual it seems that the beep sound can be turned off, and obviously I can cover the LEDs with a tape if needed, but how about the screen - can it be configured to stay completely off in normal everyday operation, i.e. when not touching the device but just driving the car?

You can turn beeps off in the settings menu.

These are good to put over any LED lights

LCD Timeout (Screen Saver) can be set to a few seconds so it turns off quickly. (you could cover the screen easily as well)

I bought and installed an SGGCX2PRO yesterday, with the hardwire kit.

I’ve got beeps switched off, but it still beeps on startup. Switching beeps off did stop the startup jingle but not the power on beep.

Does anyone know how to turn off all sound?
Thanks.

I bought and installed an SGGCX2PRO yesterday, with the hardwire kit.

I’ve got beeps switched off, but it still beeps on startup. Switching beeps off did stop the startup jingle but not the power on beep.

Does anyone know how to turn off all sound?
Thanks.

turning off the beeps turns off the menu keypad beeps and startup tone, it won't disable any warning tones such as card error, the beep you hear is when it changes from normal recording to parking mode, or parking mode back to normal recording, this can't currently be disabled.

Thanks. It would be the switch between parking mode and normal mode then.

Can it be disabled in a future firmware version? As per the OP I’d prefer total silence if possible.

technically possible, whether or not that's a good idea is something that would have to be considered

Thanks for considering it.

Out of curiosity what’s the reason for the beeps when switching in and out of parking mode?

I sort of look at a dashcam as a good friend, you have to nurture the relationship and have a little interaction now and then to keep things in good condition.
IF ! you was really BIG on it, you could take the camera apart and disconnect the speaker i assume.

I do personally prefer the dashcams that beep or chime a little, VS the ones that "talk"

I'm not keen on talking cameras or startup beeps. With multiple cameras, I prefer them to stay quiet. If they could just do warning beeps that would be OK.

I don't mind a gentle 'gong' for start-up or shutdown, and something equally gentle but continuous for recording failure but best for these to be optional in the menu to please more people and not just me ;)

I've suffered recording failures more than a few times. One was in the rear and only the LED no longer being seen blinking in my mirror clued me in. Another two were front cams with audible and on-screen warnings at start-up. The rest were not-so-nice surprises when I viewed the card for maintenance :eek: I've had several failures to start too :(

You can't warn for everything but where that's possible it should be default setting to warn audibly and visually when your cam misbehaves. Better some aggravation and noise than discovering a cam failure the hard way when you need it the most after an incident and it's not there for you :cry:

Phil

I think that you can try to change the LED lights from it. In this way, you have a slight chance to fix the screen. It's not an easy operation, but you can succeed in it. I can advise you to search for what you need on ukled.co.uk. The guys from the have the best-LED light strips that are made of high-quality materials. That's very important for me to find high-quality products because they last in time so I don't need to waste money again. I think that there you will find all that you need to fix the screen

Last edited:
Back