Silly kids

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
Silly kids...

Don't know the rules there, but here since they're crossing at an intersection and apparently lacking any prohibitive signal, the pedestrians would have the right-of-way even without a marked crossing path. But for sure they do need to keep a better eye out because laws and rules will not physically stop a car and pedestrians lose those battles!

Phil

The crossing is controlled and the red do not cross lights are on. Here that means don't cross.

I know I have read somewhere that in some places pedestrians crossing on a red man, that if they get hit by a car, would mean that they wouldn't be deemed at fault but the driver would be? Seems odd to me...

The crossing is controlled and the red do not cross lights are on. Here that means don't cross.

I know I have read somewhere that in some places pedestrians crossing on a red man, that if they get hit by a car, would mean that they wouldn't be deemed at fault but the driver would be? Seems odd to me...

I didn't see anything red for them, but that does matter- even here. Different signals than what I'm used to probably which is why I missed them.

SC USA has gotten tough on pedestrians recently, break any rules even slightly and you're not getting one dime in compensation if you get run down. Now waiting for when they'll do similar for cyclists :ROFLMAO:

Phil

and the red do not cross lights are on.
Didn't even notice those until I read your comment and replayed the video. Not really obvious except for the pedestrians.

I didn't see anything red for them, but that does matter- even here. Different signals than what I'm used to probably which is why I missed them.

Didn't even notice those until I read your comment and replayed the video. Not really obvious except for the pedestrians.

Yeah - the red signal for the pedestrians on these are around shoulder height for the youngsters crossing - most obvious one in the scene is on the pole 2nd from the right.

Paul.

Back