Silverado hard wiring issues

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
So got my new SG9665GC, which meant I had to get the older model from my step dads silverado. It was hard wired with a power magic pro, but set to turn off when the truck shut off (I had the PMP to spare so it was cheaper than buying a more suitable hardwire kit). so his silverado only has ONE single fuse that turns off when the truck is off, I believe it was the steering wheel illumination. all of the 12v sockets are powered on while the truck is off so it required a hard wiring kit.

it stopped working though. fuse is fine, tried a different fuse. no power comes through. Could something else have fried?

there literally is no other fuse that turns off while the truck is off, and I would prefer not to have to access or cut any wires to find something suitable.

any ideas of what could be the issue or solutions? I thought the fuse was blown at first but that is not the case.

may be the PMP itself that has died, speaking to some dealers here this week apparently the PMP is not the most stable product, wasn't aware of that before but they claim at least 20% failure rate, they say they run really hot which maybe a bit more of a problem in our climate than yours

may be the PMP itself that has died, speaking to some dealers here this week apparently the PMP is not the most stable product, wasn't aware of that before but they claim at least 20% failure rate, they say they run really hot which maybe a bit more of a problem in our climate than yours
well I forgot to mention, it DOES work while switched ON. but what I used it for in his truck was switched off, so it should power the camera while the truck is running, and shuts the camera off when the truck turns off. but with it switched on, the camera would run for a minimum of six hours.

Back