Similar more reliable alternatives to the DDPAI?

nerys

Reaction score
Country
United States
I LOVE my M6. absolutely stunning day and night video. gps speed stamp.

AUTOMATIC wifi download of "saved" clips and a remote control to tap to save those 10second clips.

this last part is really critical to me. I go about my day. tapping that remote trigger when something interesting happens.

then on my way home from work I turn on wifi (which automatically connects to my M6+ since its the only one in range) and open the DDPAI app. thats it. it automatically scarfs down all the 10sec clips while I drive home. (camera keeps working during all of this as well)

my needs are basically what the DDPAI does (good day and night not overly wide angle remote trigger of 10-20 second clips with precognition (it gets the time before you tapped the button like the DDPAI does) and fully automatic unattended download of the clips from the app.

I then plug my otg driver into the phone and go into file manager and grab all the video files and copy them off the phone.

so far it seems the less money I spend on a camera the more reliable it is. my $10 screen flickers camera and my prooveeo a118 clone for $30 both NEVER fail. not once. ever. utteraly reliable.

but no gps speed overlay and utter crap video quality :)

any suggestions? or fixes for the DDPAI? the m6+ is utterly perfect except in the very most critical criteria. reliability. especially because it can fail silently.

Don't quite understand what your problem is. "Because it can fail silently?"
My M6+ has been quite reliable however I only download the occasional video. Also, and I believe this to be critical, if I am parked in the sunshine I take the camera off its mount and store it out of the sun. The unit gets extremely hot and this will of course affect performance and reliability.
In 5 months it has only once required a card re-format.

Back