Simple Yi cam teardown, adjust lens for better focus (pics)

What do you guys use for gluing it back? Hot silicone or something?

here is a picture takes from 2 diffrent camera after focus fixed and one i didnt change anything. distance is about 10M

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 116
hi someone can take a look to my photos and tell me if i need to fix the focus. i see good focus but im not a photographer. thanks
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6EAycycp7eAam44eEw2VW9tZUU

i will appreciate if someone take 5 min and take a look and answer me.
i was thinking in open the camera but i think it is ok, i will open just to fix wifi sound and mic but tell me if i need to fix the focus.
thanks and have a nice day

Looks fine to me. You might get a slightly sharper image if you "fix" the focus but IMO it's not necessary.

Looks fine to me. You might get a slightly sharper image if you "fix" the focus but IMO it's not necessary.
Thanks yes the only reason to fix the focus is to get sharper image, but i think is good.
i will open the camera to fix the wifi sound and the mic.
thanks

Hello, can anyone help me pls and can tell m if my cam needs a focus fix ? :) thx a lot.

No im not happy about it. can u tell me how to fix it correctly? I watched some videos with an object in front of 50cm before the cmaera but that can be correct or? better to focus a object 4-5m away for fixing?

Hello, can anyone help me pls and can tell m if my cam needs a focus fix ? :) thx a lot.

Yes i think you need to adjust the focus, the focus is set to close you are just getting focused object very close.
Is not complicated to fix it, In cuba i used to repair cell phones, iphones android and everything, now im in Miami. If some one need help and is in miami we can see us and we can open the camera toguetter.
Fell free to contact me. Is for free. I will open my camera to fix the mic and the wifi sound. but i was thinking in oppened to fix focus but i realized that my focus is ok, and i order hot glue, so i have hot glue at home.

Thanks, have a good day and very good Blog....

Something new to xiaomi Yi please share.
Thanks

i have refocused my lens with object in 3m distance!
I think its far enough, objects much further away are difficult to adjust.
I have done with a hdmi cable to TV, or you can turn about 5 minutes (30°) clockwise and take a foto.
Its the way i have to turn lens to become sharp.
LG gente

@Sergio: Thank you but i´m from Germany :) Mia i is bit far away. But i try it on m own. Thanks at all

I have done with a hdmi cable to TV, or you can turn about 5 minutes (30°) clockwise and take a foto.
LG gente

yes i order the HDMI cable, but im not sure if im goint to fix the focus. i would like to have sharper images but i dont know if that all the camera can do.. @gente after your refocusing you get better images than mine, more sharper??
Thanks

LG gente

I have installed now the custom firmeware the latest one with 35 mbits, but i have notice that im getting more quality videos in 1080p 60fps than using the 2.5k 30fps.

I have installed now the custom firmeware the latest one with 35 mbits, but i have notice that im getting more quality videos in 1080p 60fps than using the 2.5k 30fps.

I still use only 1080P 30FPS cause i dont use timelaps or something like that :)

Back