Spain
Dash Cam
Git2,Xiaomi Yi, Mobius, Sj1000, gt300w, GS9000, GS600, Gopro
kickstarter Project

Sioeye Iris4G , the first camera of action broadcast live your videos

photo-original.png

http://sioeye.com/index.html#actioncamera

The Sioeye Iris4G Features include:

• Super-wide 150-degree field of view (FOV) with switchable settings for a wide view and a medium view
  • Micro-SIM slot for unlocked 4G (FDD-LTE) and 3G (WCDMA) connectivity (currently supporting T-Mobile and AT&T Networks in the United States)
  • Smart network monitoring with optimized auto-resolution adjustments to maintain a consistent streaming experience even if the network slows down
  • Live streaming resolution of 480p with optional simultaneous 1080p recording to the device storage (1GB onboard storage with MicroSD slot for up to a 64GB card)
  • One touch Sioeye LiveCapture simplifies the live streaming process down to a single button press
  • Integrated sensors in the camera collect speed, altitude, position information and more enabling you to share the total experience through the Sioeye LiveStats dashboard
  • Instant notification to your followers when a live stream is initiated including ability to auto-post a link to Twitter and Facebook
  • Sioeye Cloud instantly streams your broadcast to your followers while saving a copy of the action directly to your account enabling instant replay
  • Advanced camera capabilities for direct recording of 4K and 2K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 120, 60 and 30fps, 720p @ 120, 60 and 50fps, 480p @ 120, 60 and 30fps including slow-motion video. Still image photography, bursts, and time lapse videos at 18, 12, or 8 megapixels
  • 2.0” LCD touch display with the Sioeye Iris4G camera user interface to control settings, upgrade software, and add applications
  • Built in Wi-Fi for easy remote control through a Smartphone and alternative live streaming options through internet hotspots
  • Integrated stereo audio 48kHz to capture the sounds of the adventure
  • Bluetooth 4.0 (or 3.5mm jack) to connect an external microphone/headset
  • 6-glass lens with an F2.8 aperture, 8.0mm image circle and anti-scratch film on glass
  • Octa-core CPU with Android OS 4.4
  • 3G/4G LTE/ Wi-Fi options for live streaming
  • Micro USB/MHL 2.0 port for direct connectivity to display devices
  • GPS/Barometer/Mag/Gyro/Gravity Sensors

kickstarter

Last edited:
So its bacically a generic action camera with a 4G modem and a slot for a sim card, and a little more compute power.
I wouldent even broardcast 480p to my enemies broardcasting a steam of me as i push the launch button to my missiles that will turn my enemy into ash drifting in the wind.

All i really see is "4K and 2K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 120, 60 and 30fps" 1080/120 i could do with :cool:

...still, good feature! ;)
Would be good to see videos etc, but considering "quality" of news broadcasters- any better would be good

4g :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

In the uk that means my action is confined to major city centres - off to practice my free running :D:D:D

3g WCDMA also! ;)

So its bacically a generic action camera with a 4G modem and a slot for a sim card, and a little more compute power.
I wouldent even broardcast 480p to my enemies broardcasting a steam of me as i push the launch button to my missiles that will turn my enemy into ash drifting in the wind.

All i really see is "4K and 2K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 120, 60 and 30fps" 1080/120 i could do with :cool:

Someone may be working on that... ;) but better than those specs...

it would be more closely related to a mobile phone than an action camera, a lot of challenges to getting that working like you'd expect an action camera to

hehe yeah the octa core part did freak me out, but those can be had these days in pretty cheap China phones.

Proberly a mediatek cpu 1.2 - 1.5 Ghz

Now i am thinking about the new Meitu V4 smartphone i just read about so i had to backtrack, 21 mpix cameras,,,, yes 21 mpix both front and back :eek: super selfie phone. :p

The Meitu V4 features a body with metal at the top and bottom, with a 5-inch Full HD AMOLED display at the front. It comes with an octa-core MediaTek MT6795 processor, 3GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and 4G LTE connectivity.
but i doubt that sioeye camera will be carrying the MT6795 chip,,,, then again it seem to end up with a prize that warrent such a chip inside.

Ha look at me rambeling as if i give a damm about smartphones :)
But i still go thru 20-30 tech sites every day, a habbit i got as a tech writer on the now long gone tweakup.dk computer site.

• Live streaming resolution of 480p with optional simultaneous 1080p recording to the device storage (1GB onboard storage with MicroSD slot for up to a 64GB card)
  • Built in Wi-Fi for easy remote control through a Smartphone and alternative live streaming options through internet hotspots
  • Octa-core CPU with Android OS 4.4
  • 3G/4G LTE/ Wi-Fi options for live streaming
I wonder what will power all of that...

Need more than a 950 mah battery for sure. :D
Maybe it is modular and will only work with / have a external battery.
Price is = to gopro 4 black, so it better make good footage, and then some if they are going for die hard gopro fanboys.

Just read their kickstart page and if bragging was money they wouldn't need to be asking people for it. Either the product is really good or they're just full of it.

Data transmition as an camera add on, not the other way round ;)
With those specs and features their "mysterious" manufacturer could well be Huawei, ZTE or HTC. After reading what the camera is all about, the idea I was left with was "smartphone with a better camera in a different casing".
I don't know much about Android but since the camera doesn't have a typical video chipset and processor, I guess that part is all software managed.

Let's say Xiaomi would add wireless gsm module ($5) , good camera would turn great one. Yes it would be power hog, but not as critical as actual video processing, from memory its 0,4-0,7v @ 3.7A.

Let's remove some of the mystery...wasn't meant to be a spy game :) I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have...

1. Yes Jokkin you are right - The device is more like an android phone than an action camera. This allows us to control the device through software and run multiple apps at the same time.

2. Kamkar1 - 480p is decent for live stream but lots of room to improve for sure! We can OTA updates for feature improvements on the fly this includes the resolution of the live stream on a per carrier basis. Right now our standard is 480p which looks pretty good on a smart phone (our intended display) and we are testing streaming at 720p. We also have self-sensing tech in there to determine the strength of the network and then figure out the best resolution. We plan to make this better and better as the networks get better. Lots of room to improve here and it's our top priority for sure.

3. Kamkar1 great guess! We use the MT 6595 processor.

4. Module 79 L - The battery is a 2 cell Lithium Ion 1160 mAh, we can get an hour of live stream and save out of that battery. We also have an extended battery pack for the waterproof housing that adds 2 more hours. It a touch battery meaning you just place it against the back of the camera and it powers through contacts.

5. Module 70 L - We didn't aim to be "full of it" sorry about that - we just tried to explain the solution the best we could. We do think it's pretty cool and the folks who have tested it like it a lot too. We will be posting more videos and doing demo days where you can get your hands on it. If you are in Seattle hit us up and we'll let you see it first hand.

6. There are some new videos we posted up on the Kickstarter site today. We also have stuff going up on our Facebook page, instagram and twitter. We will have more user generated content and live stream examples soon.

Thanks for being interested enough to chat about us! If I can shed anymore light, let me know.

...David

1. Yes Jokkin you are right - The device is more like an android phone than an action camera. This allows us to control the device through software and run multiple apps at the same time.

I know someone that has built much the same thing already but aimed at car use, not an action cam as such

First of all, welcome to DCT!

5. Module 70 L - We didn't aim to be "full of it" sorry about that - we just tried to explain the solution the best we could.
It may have been a little harsh using that expression but that was what came across from the text reading. It seemed too good to be true. :)

We do think it's pretty cool and the folks who have tested it like it a lot too. We will be posting more videos and doing demo days where you can get your hands on it. If you are in Seattle hit us up and we'll let you see it first hand.
Uh...no, but if you don't mind sending one to Portugal, I'd be more than happy to test it. ;)

Hi @David Abramowski and welcome to the forum too from me.

When you get around to posting some demo videos, please make sure to include a link in the video description where dedicated ppl can DL the raw footage.
Not sure about all of the video hosting sites, but youtube for sure ruin any good footage.

Do hope you guys hit a home run, those "other guys" need some compitition :)

Back