SJ2000 ?s

BJones

Reaction score
Country
United States
Howdy folks,

First post here. Thanks for the good info on this forum. Hope I can contribute. (BTW, XenForo hosting is a very nice GUI).

I just bought an SJ2000 (a few days before Techmoan released his mostly negative review of the camera). The good news is, I am not as disappointed as I expected to be by the performance after his review. I posted a very brief review on Amazon for anyone considering the camera. But I have some questions for the community here. There seems to be more information about the SJ2000 here than anywhere else. Considering it's similarity to the popular SJ1000, I figured the 2000 would have more followers.

First of all, the time lapse photo mode of the SJ2000 is what sold me on the camera. It also is what annoys me the most. The stupid shutter noise is OBNOXIOUS. Does anyone here have an idea how to disable that "feature"? Are there other cameras out there with the same or similar issue?

Second, You can obviously update the time settings via *.txt uploads. Are there any other settings you can manipulate (e.g. HDR, frame rate, etc.)?

Third/Finally, is there a website for these SJ series cameras that we can check for FW updates. A few Techmoan followers suggested the low-light performance could be enhanced with a FW update and perhaps someone from the manufacturer will realize we do not want to listen to digitized shutter sound effects for 2.5 hrs and will allow us to disable it in a future FW patch.

I really like the SJ2000 overall for $70. But there is room for improvement w/o increasing costs. I hope it suits my needs in the long run.
Thanks,
-BJones

SJ2000 cant sell to US from the original SJCAM factory at beginning, because this product is designed for Tacta Cam in US, a POV camera used for hunting with your gun.
But now, the model of SJ2000 with wide angel can be sold.

By the way, I also think SJ2000 is a good camera as any other SJCAM.

Back