sj4000 as a dashcam...

one annoying lack of feature is the AV output...

if selected and used , every time the camera turns off it will reset itself and you have to manually select it again to get your AV out...

I haven't tried that feature or setting. Perhaps it's a firmware bug? Assuming that all the other settings are saved, then I would assume or hazard a guess that the camera's internal battery is OK.

I actually struggled for a while deciding on the dashcam to get as using my GoPro Hero 3+ Black was a bit too much :p. So I watched a lot of his dashcam reviews and ideally I wanted a dashcam that covered both front and rear but all of them I saw that Techmoan reviewed were questionable. But I actually went with the Mobius due to his review of it and his comments on the matter.

I haven't tried the Mobius, but I have been trying out my new sj4000 this past week as a dashcam. I particularly like the sharpness--I can make out license plates and other details--and the fact that the form factor and some of the accessories are compatible with the GoPro.

The rendering is very clean. The sj4000 may very well be my main dashcam.

(BTW, I do not recommend using the GoPro as a dashcam. I have used three different GoPro cameras, and to varying degrees, all would become extremely hot-to-touch after running for a few hours. Furthermore, the GoPro lacks a "carcam" mode.)

Back