SJ4000 - Buttons not working properly after update

Jack_xD

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
G1W
Hey. I just bought a SJ4000 (without wifi), and it arrived yesterday. After trying it out a little i thought on updating the camera.

It had the version N20140902V01 when it arrived, and after updating it to the actual firmware from the official website i have the N20140929V01. It obviously gave the cam a new look. But it also f'cked up the keys. Now the OK button is not working at all anymore, instead the down button is now having the OK buttons job. The up button still works as it should, same as the power on button. But the down function is compleately gone.

Will they fix that in the future? Or did i do something wrong? I doubt it that this is a V1 camera because of the firmware that was on it.

Before update:
uh69tt2v.jpg

After update:
npqddn8u.jpg

It was kinda worth it because the overall bitrate went up a lot, but the misplaced buttons suck a lot. So i'd rather get it changed o.o

Last edited:
Jack_xD I have had exactly the same problem with my WiFi version, plus the sound doesn't work properly on mine, its extremely low :( does the mic record ok on you non-WiFi version?

Last edited:
Jack_xD I have had the same problem did you fix it? do you know frow where can I take old firmware where buttons work propertly?

I sent sjcam an email with pics of my camera stripped down & they informed me it was a clone, I bought mine from eBay & I must admit it was a very good clone, everything about it looked absolutely genuine, I was lucky enough to fix mine by trawling the Internet and finding the right firmware for my clone because in the small print for its ad I saw SW18 in the model description & that helped too, my actual working firmware had a G in front of the numbers rather than N from sjcam's website, though this is different in your case from what I can see from your pictures the date is 29th September 2014 ( N20140929V01) try searching for the specific number of the working firmware before the update (N20140902V01) ignoring sjcam's website & try the firmware, but bear in mind the risk of bricking, I was lucky I guess, I tried many firmwares to start some gave a black screen but on trying another it restored, I kept trying & in the end got lucky..... Persevere & you may too be luck to get the cam working again, the link I used to the site I found mine on is in another post on this site, just look in my posts you might find an answer there, I'm not sure? Anyway good luck ;-) there are many clones out there.

Back