SJ4000 Firmware issues? Clone?

@Tobby according to SJCAM/Viofo my camera according to the pictures I sent them is a copy/fake, so it has to be. As for the French website I think it caters for both, but I didn't browse the site too much to find that out.
I'm not sure about the G20140116V01 that date seems a bit early for the SW18 WiFi SJ4000, the first 2015 one I tried didn't work & I didn't see the other, but decided to install the 20141223V01 anyway and because everything seems to work as it should I was satisfied.
There are so many copies/fakes out there with many various versions of firmware it's a nightmare, I'm just glad to have mine working again & if somehow this post helps others in a similar way then that's brilliant. ;-)

hi I have same problem, and I try look for 20141223V01 however they dont have 1223 v01???? they now have 1230V01 1204V01 any idea?? or can you email me your vision ??
I did update W20140811V01 and try G20141204V01 still have same problem, Im now G20141230V01 blue light come back is on but ok, down botton not working and no wifi and also a light next to OK not working.......

Last edited:
Hey Guys .... some good news :-D I got it working! turns out its the SJCAM SW18 version of the SJ4000 and all my trawling and perseverence paid off! installing any of the firmware from SJCAM's Website causes the issues I had because the camera is apparently a clone, I eventually found out its a SW18 I searched for firmware and there are very little in the way of sources, I also began to understand that the firmware would start with a 'G' and saw this number G20141223V01 on a french website SJCAM'Beta www.SJCAM-france.fr (link below) so I used google translate went there downloaded the one I looked for installed it and.........BINGO! all problems solved! phew :)

There's firmware for this camera dating from Aug14 to Jan 15, the latest one for my wifi cam did not work, it installed the firmware but the camera wouldn't start up so I removed the battery, reconnected and reinstalled the next newest one from December 2014 and I was back in business.

Here is the downloads LINK for the french website ;-) I hope it helps someone out there experiencing similar problems to the ones I had.

Installing the firmware from the link above fixed the button issues and I now have sound!! fantastic :-D

Thanks to everyone for thier input, suggestions & help, it has been much appreciated.. :-D
View attachment 11492

Hi I follow your link update 1230 ( 1223 didnt show ) now my blue light back but ON, down botton still not working, also wifi not work and VIDEO still no sound at all,,,,,, can you tell me where I can gind 1223 vision ???

SJCAM app. maybe
Sorry, but I don't think it will work (it's also specified on that page: Non pris en charge par l'application Wi-Fi officielle.).
The lesson to be learned after this episode: before every purchase take your time and check if there are clones, problems, check for reviews, etc.
Also, try buying from well-known sellers (even though, sometimes, the same product is slightly more expensive).

HI Tobby, thanks for your help. my was purchase from US Amazon for $50.00 after received I told seller camera have problem, he give me sull refund, so I got this SJ4000 for free =) at lease you help me fit most problem,the mic is work BUT I very weak and low. Im planing to get a M10 instead of Sj4000 and keep it as a car camera. just hope can fix a mic =) I try contact SJCOM but they never response.......

@Tobby according to SJCAM/Viofo my camera according to the pictures I sent them is a copy/fake, so it has to be. As for the French website I think it caters for both, but I didn't browse the site too much to find that out.
I'm not sure about the G20140116V01 that date seems a bit early for the SW18 WiFi SJ4000, the first 2015 one I tried didn't work & I didn't see the other, but decided to install the 20141223V01 anyway and because everything seems to work as it should I was satisfied.
There are so many copies/fakes out there with many various versions of firmware it's a nightmare, I'm just glad to have mine working again & if somehow this post helps others in a similar way then that's brilliant. ;-)

Hi I have same prpblem and install 20141223V01,, fix most but still mo wifi and sound and video, you say your was fix after install 20141223V01 ????

Hi guys, I really need your help because you are the only people I have the same problem.

Firstly I just tried upgade my sj4000 and it become some of the buttons not working as your, it has exactly the same problems as you have. Are these firmwares suitable for my non wi-fi version sj4000? because my cam doesn't see these firmwares. Also how can I understand which firmware do I need to fix?

Please help me guys I believe you can :)

Last edited:
Back