SJ4000 WIFI 2.0' bricked after format.

SJBrick

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello everybody.

1st:
CAMERA: SJCAM SJ4000 WIFI 2.0' Screen. It's original.
SDCard: SAMSUNG Evo Plus 32gb.

Yesterday, I was copying Videos and photos from my SJ4000 to the hard drive in PC.
Camera was connected by USB cable.
I copied everything and then formatted the SDCard by Windows, when camera was plugged into computer. Today I tried to turn on my camera. I've got only Blue and Orange lights, no screen, no sounds etc.
I tried to format my SDCard to FAT32 and install the newest software, it didn't work.

I can still return it to the shop where I bough it, but it would take about 2 weeks to get camera back.

Can I do anything else by myself?

Try a YouTube fix: Type Sjcam sj4000 unbrick. I saw some entries to fix problems!
' seems like you may have deleted an firmware.bin file that the chip needs to operate.

Hello everybody.

1st:
CAMERA: SJCAM SJ4000 WIFI 2.0' Screen. It's original.
SDCard: SAMSUNG Evo Plus 32gb.

Yesterday, I was copying Videos and photos from my SJ4000 to the hard drive in PC.
Camera was connected by USB cable.
I copied everything and then formatted the SDCard by Windows, when camera was plugged into computer. Today I tried to turn on my camera. I've got only Blue and Orange lights, no screen, no sounds etc.
I tried to format my SDCard to FAT32 and install the newest software, it didn't work.

I can still return it to the shop where I bough it, but it would take about 2 weeks to get camera back.

Can I do anything else by myself?
See my entry this thread.

These videos are based on installing other versions of operating system on SJ4000.
I tried about 4 of them (1.8, 1.6, 1.4, 1.2).
None of them worked for me.

I made a complaint and gave camera back to seller.
Waiting for fix.

SJCAM technical support still didn't reply me (I had texted them 6 days ago)

Sjcam used to be active on this forum, they've since reneged.

But If the company wanted to keep contact wouldn't they assign someone else?

But If the company wanted to keep contact wouldn't they assign someone else?

you would, I would, go figure

from what I heard they weren't happy as they thought he was creating more work for them fixing things, guess they prefer to bury their heads in the sand so that everything is ok

Back