SJ4000 WIFI running hot as dashcam (charging during use)

lfchan93

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have purchased a SJ4000 WIFI and used as a dashcam for period of time.
I noticed the camera can get extreme hot at the end of each drive (about 10-40minute), with the camera being consistently charging with usb charger in the car.

Is this normal or should I be concern the heat can greatly affect the camera performance and battery for long run?

Notice: the usb charger isn't always on (power delivery only ignition on).

Thanks

My SJ4000 WiFi also gets hot when used as a dashcam (or as a general video camera) when connected to a DC or AC adapter. Touching the metal bits around the ports can actually give me a slight burn. However, except when I had a defective AC adapter that caused severe overheating I haven't had a problem with excessive heat even on a 6-hour road trip. I haven't noticed any deterioration in video quality between cool operation at the beginning and hot operation later on. However, my camera is about a year old and has the original firmware. Things might be different if your camera is a recent purchase.

Cheers :)

My SJ4000 WiFi also gets hot when used as a dashcam (or as a general video camera) when connected to a DC or AC adapter. Touching the metal bits around the ports can actually give me a slight burn. However, except when I had a defective AC adapter that caused severe overheating I haven't had a problem with excessive heat even on a 6-hour road trip. I haven't noticed any deterioration in video quality between cool operation at the beginning and hot operation later on. However, my camera is about a year old and has the original firmware. Things might be different if your camera is a recent purchase.

Cheers :)
Hello Terry, your SJCAM is still on the original firmware? I though you would have updated...

Hello Terry, your SJCAM is still on the original firmware? I though you would have updated...
I probably should have but I'm only using it as a dash cam now so as long as car mode works and the camera actually records, I'm satisfied.:)

Back