SJ4000 - Will DASHCAMTALK ever do a review of it?

boiko

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I realize Techmoan has done a good review of the SJ4000.. Now, because it's so popular..any chance of Dashcamtalk doing it's own review of the camera?

Also, since this camera is a GoPro clone, it fits many of the brushless gimbals now available. So this in itself opens up a whole new world of "cost effective" videography.

Just thought I would add this...pretty interesting insight into just what the SJ4000 might be capable of.

Thanks,
-mike-

dashcamtalk don't do reviews, various members here are the ones that do the reviews of their own accord, contact the manufacturer and ask if they'd like to send a sample to @niko and I'm sure he'd look at it

dashcamtalk don't do reviews, various members here are the ones that do the reviews of their own accord, contact the manufacturer and ask if they'd like to send a sample to @niko and I'm sure he'd look at it

Thanks for the info...

-mike-

I could take new product for review next month. Now very busy by trying to finish 3-4 other dash cams review I promised long time ago. Thanks for support.

Techmoan reviewed the SJ4000 three months ago. If it was going to gain any popularity at DashCamTalk, it would probably have happened by now.

Why it hasn't may be to do with the SJ4000 being styled to look like a GoPro. Which would make it a target for opportunist thieves, if they notice it while the car is parked unattended.

Aside from that, the SJ4000 appears to have the credentials to be a strong rival to the GT680W* in terms of size, price, performance, etc. Except that the SJ4000 has a bigger battery, which is user-replaceable in seconds, it can use any mount with a standard tripod thread (plus GoPro mounts), & is much more versatile overall, whereas the GT680W* is strictly a dashcam.

* http://dashcamtalk.com/gt680w/

* http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/complete-review-of-gt680w-shadow-tec-seezeus.3291/

Last edited by a moderator:
With the exception of the Mobius and its similar rivals, I've come to the conclusion that it is best to stick with an actual dash cam for this dedicated purpose and avoid action cameras like the SJ4000 even if they can be used as such. Of course, that's just my opinion. The SJ4000 seems like a nice camera for money and a swappable battery seems like a nice feature for an action camera but as a dash cam it doesn't benefit from this too much and it is not terribly stealthy.

Last edited:
If used as dash cam, it can be taken out from the bracket easily.
According to our selling history, most of customers buy the car accessories with sj4000.

Back