SJ5000 in STA mode and controlling it?

richms

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Has anyone found any software that will control the camera when it is on an existing wifi network in STA mode? I have a couple of cameras, and they are on the network fine and the web interface shows for getting stuff off them etc.

However I want to use them for a timelapse from multiple angles, so some way of getting the clocks in sync with each other and starting at the same time from a single app would really be good. The last one I did I had to get them synced myself in premiere which to be honest is a real pain.

edit: It is the sj5000+ that I have, not the 5000.

Last edited:
Not sure if you can find some scripts like runned on Yi that can support run on STA mode.
BTW, our Git2 support working on STA mode, can control multi cameras at same time.

Has anyone found any software that will control the camera when it is on an existing wifi network in STA mode? I have a couple of cameras, and they are on the network fine and the web interface shows for getting stuff off them etc.

However I want to use them for a timelapse from multiple angles, so some way of getting the clocks in sync with each other and starting at the same time from a single app would really be good. The last one I did I had to get them synced myself in premiere which to be honest is a real pain.

Are you still have an issue with your camera?

Not solved the problem that it is hard to control multiple cameras, no.

But since then I have had the buttons on the cameras break, opening up and looking at them clearly the button is too weak for the amount of pressure put on it by the controls when in the waterproof case, and the backs of them pushed out. I was looking for replacement switches but at this stage it is very low priority as we have just decided to put more security cameras up and use them to get timelapse of construction as well.

Yes, for now SJCAM SJ5000+ doesn't support STA mode, maybe because it is not designed to be.
So, let's hope that SJCAM will bring a new camera soon to support STA model.
But at other side, SJCAM SJ360, the full view camera will come soon, maybe it is another better choice ;)

Not solved the problem that it is hard to control multiple cameras, no.

But since then I have had the buttons on the cameras break, opening up and looking at them clearly the button is too weak for the amount of pressure put on it by the controls when in the waterproof case, and the backs of them pushed out. I was looking for replacement switches but at this stage it is very low priority as we have just decided to put more security cameras up and use them to get timelapse of construction as well.

Hi Richms, will you PM your email to me? And let me check if I can contact some friends to help you fix it.

Back