sj5000x elite yellow image

mirko

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I finally received my sj5000x elite two days ago and I've been performing tests, comparaing it to my sj5000+
It came out that the new x elite shows a constant yellowish image, which is quite disappointing.
Is it a fault of my one, or is it normal?
If it is normal, I have a cam to sell...

...i have seen some brand new videos from elite (also here in forum) but no one shows me to much yellow on image.
For example:
Ok the audio tracks seems to be weak, but i will hope on further firmware updates.
LG
gente

Have you tried to switch white balance to "auto" or "cloudy"?

I have this question asked so many times, when in reality people set WB to daylight.

I agree @jokiin. This is okay for their 5000 series and later 4000 (gyro and standard). But on SJ4000 for instance, cloudy worked the best.
Not sure about Elite, as you said, we would need more info, but having asked this question many times in past, I believe its WB that needs to be set properly.

I agree @jokiin. This is okay for their 5000 series and later 4000 (gyro and standard). But on SJ4000 for instance, cloudy worked the best.
Not sure about Elite, as you said, we would need more info, but having asked this question many times in past, I believe its WB that needs to be set properly.

how well any of them work is up to firmware, I don't know who does their cameras and how experienced they are, they seem a bit hit and miss across the models so may not all be from the same developers

Good morning,
thanks for the replies.
I noticed that the 5000x Elite shows a yellow image only in a close environment.
Here follows the pictures.
sj5000+
SJCM0001.jpg

and from the very same spot the 5000x Elite
2015_1124_070056_001.jpg

From those pictures I noticed also that the Field Of View is different, even if the 5000x Elite is set to 170°
Please refer to the following pictured captured from the DashCam spot in my car:
sj5000+
5000.png

and the 5000x elite
5000x.png

If all of this is normal, it looks like the 5000+ is a way better that the new 5000x Elite.

What do you guys think?
Have a good day.

maybe they named them wrong?
What do you mean? :)
If you are referring to a wrong name association to the White Balance... I've tried them all, the same for the Field of view.
I found no wrong names.

Okay, there should be a firmware that was released on the 10th that should fix this issue.

Okay, there should be a firmware that was released on the 10th that should fix this issue.
Very good.
This is I chose your company again (after the sj5000+ which I still use on a daily basis), you guys are very fast at releasing firmware! ;)
But on your site I can only find the new firmware for the sj5000x Limited and not for the Elite I'm talking about.
Am I missing something?

A little edit.
I just noticed that switching OFF the Gyro, restore the expected Field of View.
I guess this function needs some "external area" to do its work.
As soon as I leave the office, I'll compare again the FoV between the 5000+ and the 5000x Elite.

Last edited:
Good morning,
I tried the firmware 1.1 this morning capturing the same reference picture:

This is the sj5000+

SJCM0011.jpg

and this is the sj5000x Elite

2015_1125_065433_001.jpg

As you can see, swithing off the Gyroscope, restored the real 170° field of view, but unfortunately the image still looks yellow and the picture quality is also worst compared to the sj5000+
:(

Back