sj5000x elite yellow image

to much blue and red, the RGB space is not real!
Do it like SJ5000 wifi!

Obviously the lens does not do that good against direct sunlight.
Colors seem a bit more vivid now which is good, but I also noticed that Gyro does not work that well compared to M10+.
Video is too shaky when Gyro is ON, try to work on improving it. As it is now, video is better stabilized with Gyro OFF.
I am sick and tired of your 1st batch, 2nd batch and other stuff. You never ever got any camera right the first time. Mine is 1st batch and I can not believe nobody tested out the camera for sound before shipping it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
Obviously the lens does not do that good against direct sunlight.
Colors seem a bit more vivid now which is good, but I also noticed that Gyro does not work that well compared to M10+.
Video is too shaky when Gyro is ON, try to work on improving it. As it is now, video is better stabilized with Gyro OFF.
I am sick and tired of your 1st batch, 2nd batch and other stuff. You never ever got any camera right the first time. Mine is 1st batch and I can not believe nobody tested out the camera for sound before shipping it.
you only just received your unit now? Reminder - Gyro is for upwards and downwards motion like while riding a bike, or using as dashcam. it is not really intended for walking around or swaying the camera.

Gyro in v1.2.3 is not working as well as before?

Sorry, I was referring to previous firmware. I have not done any tests with Gyro on new one personally as I have few more cameras before this one to test, but in your videos it looks quite shaky, not sure if it was on or off.

Agree with Pavle. Didnt you guys stated that you did quality assurance on the product before releasing it?
Anyway, why is the audio for 5000x elite waaaaay lousier than the previous model? Did you guys do something or what? Afterall, 5000x "elite" is new and i see no "elite" in it whatsoever. Somehow the "elite" and new are inferior than the previous models.

Hope the audio and video/image quality can be the same as SJ5000+ or what. Those are really solid good. Sigh. Max-ed audio in v1.2.3 but audio is still weak. Whats the point of putting 1-8 for audio setting when the 8(max) is like 2 or 3???

I am not sure if you have the first batch or not. The current batch is a-ok.

I understand your guys' frustration and I myself am frustrated.

This has been a big learning experience for me and all we can do now is try to rectify your issues via firmware releases.

If you have a first batch model you can arrange replacement with your reseller.

If your reseller is not helpful, you can open a ticket here: SJCAM Helpdesk

Do you have any sample for 1st or 2nd batch? Cause i asked my reseller and he told me its 2nd batch. But the volume is still a big disappointment like everyone else stated.

If its firmware issues, i guess ppl are okay with it. But what about if its hardware issue? Like the design of the camera or what.

Do you have any sample for 1st or 2nd batch? Cause i asked my reseller and he told me its 2nd batch. But the volume is still a big disappointment like everyone else stated.

If its firmware issues, i guess ppl are okay with it. But what about if its hardware issue? Like the design of the camera or what.

Please email me the file to tony.scjam@sjcamhd.com and I will see if this audio is correct or not.

I am not sure what the buyer sold you, but, if the sound is low, we can see what we can do to help you with a replacement.

Do you have any sample for 1st or 2nd batch?
make footage with phone playing music 80% and distance 20cm and compare:

Will do. And thanks gente for the sample. Is yours without any casing or with the waterproof case? Or the case with the holes at the side?

The audio is still kinda bad though :( i have to increase my PC's volume by alot to really hear something and 80% phone audio is very loud for normal usage too. Hope SJCAM can do something about it in the next update.

Last edited:
...without housing!
for me the audio 2nd batch is ok, little bit more quiet than xiaomi yi.
On windows mixer i go to 20 for good normal audio!
80% iphone speakers is in my opinion not to loud it is normal loudness.

...without housing!
for me the audio 2nd batch is ok, little bit more quiet than xiaomi yi.
On windows mixer i go to 20 for good normal audio!
80% iphone speakers is in my opinion not to loud it is normal loudness.

Ah! Hmm, so i have to use windows mixer to make audio better? Windows mixer you mean the volume in the PC or a software? =/

Cause seeing the 1st batch problem, im kinda paranoid whether is mine 1st or 2nd batch hahaha. My security code is in the 5-5-4-4 format instead of the wrong 5-4-5-4 format. Is this able to imply that mine is 2nd batch? Also, when i got it from my reseller, mine is running on v1.2.1

Thank you!

...because of fw version i mean you have 2nd batch!

...because of fw version i mean you have 2nd batch!
I hope its not 1st batch with v1.2.1 hahaha. My reseller told me its 2nd batch too but sometimes its hard to believe sellers now when they wanna get rid or sell some things :( Especially SJ5000x elite 1st batch having problems.

"On windows mixer i go to 20 for good normal audio!", windows mixer you mean a software program or the bottom right of our PC the mixer? =/

Last edited:
the bottom right with speaker symbol...

On the 5000x elite, "Auto" white balance is the sweet spot. Also, the .mp4 and .mov formats do well in color correction. Frankly I like the saturated blues, but you can turn that down in post. I just did a video about the .mov and how it holds up in post. I think I actually prefer their mp4 format. But the color can be corrected, saturated and/or toned down in post.

-Nate

ah okay thanks again gente =/

Awesome sharing Nate :D

@Nathyn Masters good post...for my decision you add to much blue color, the snow looks not real and saturation to high see on your orange shirt.
...but i do not want to correct color post recording, i only want good natural color from camera directly not to do corrections afterwards. I spend more time in cutting and audio overlaying.
Not everyone has such an good and expensive video software like you, many has to work with freeware not having so much color options.
if i want to change post recording color, gamma, sharpness.. i make raw footages.
You can see that this is makeable on SJ5000 wifi and xiaomi yi.
If i need also final cut to edit video i can buy a gopro4 for that money without editing the fantastic result of recorded video of that cam.
I think colors are ok in new firmware but saturation of colors is to high and gamma to low for a natural video, that are things we cannot correct by camera.
So i mean a todo for new firmware either adjusting by yourself via camera or correct the color saturation and gamma fix in firmware.
gente

Last edited:
@Nathyn Masters I think colors are ok in new firmware but saturation of colors is to high and gamma to low for a natural video, that are things we cannot correct by camera.
So i mean a todo for new firmware either adjusting by yourself via camera or correct the color saturation and gamma fix in firmware.
gente

I have suggested a flat color mode to them. I don't know if they'll do it or not, but I have suggested it. Also keep in mind in the video the camera is on "Warm" not auto.

-Nate

...hmm i thought you selected normal because your colors look more cold than in comparable cams in the warm modus!
Thats i mean they have to improve the color mode (RGB, saturation, gamma) in firmware.
gente

Back