SJ6 Legend Red Haze in Video and Photos

bchase

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi-
I recently purchased an SJ6 Legend. I love the camera and the video...when in good light. In any reduced lighting, a very prominent red glow develops on the videos and pictures that seems to move with the lens of the camera, like a sensor issue. I've made sure the plastic is off the lens, I've tried turning the low light and WDR on and off, tried covering the front red record light with tape; nothing seems to impact it. Here is a link to a short video showing what I am talking about: SJ6 Red Video Haze . Any suggestions or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Daum i have not seen that before, look like some imprint of something on the lens, did you remove the lens protector plastic and clean the lens gently after that ?

It has to be internal. The shipping plastic film is removed, the lens is very clean on the surface visually. I've turned off all the LED lights so no red led flare possible. I've played with all the low light settings and return to default settings, turned the WDR on and off and nothing seems to impact this. SJCAMs is apparently closed for the next week due to Chinese holiday, so I'm trying to see if anyone else has ever had this issue. Thx.

Could be a imprint on the sensor surface too i recon, its something new for sure what ever it is you have,

Back