Sj7 battery swelling

• Thread starter Deleted member 24437
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24437

Have other SJ7 Star cam owners had to add cellophane tape to their batteries when the tapes began to pull lose as they swelled from the heat?
Two of the four batteries I bought are in file 13 because of the damned swelling. Luckily caught before the camera was toast!

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 12
I looked at my battery today, or look and look :cautious: not much to do in that regard, so lets say i took it out of the camera, and its press fit was as it have always been.
But on my recording session today with the lovely Fie i did notice a shorter than expected battery life, at least compared to the Sj6 Legend which i have been using on the previous sessions.

The quick check for swollen or not is to hold the battery on a ruler and towards a bright light. If a lot of life comes through on either edge of the battery... swollen. Do not use.

Comparing the SJ6 to the SJ7 battery life is meaningless. They have different chip suites, which means different power consumption. The batteries are drawn down based on the load. The SJ7 draws more - shorter battery life.

Yeah probably nothing, normally when i use the cameras its a few seconds here and a few seconds there, but on my latter walks with Fie the dog i had the selfie pole with me and recorded the whole 1 hour walk.

Dont know if its the hot weather or the many hours of training, but it seem like the dog get more ane more well behaved when encountering other people and not least dogs. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RBEmerson SJ7 29