SJ7 missing microphone holes

Showshowcam

Reaction score
Country
France
I just bought my SJ7 and noticed that it was missing the microphone holes (as per the manual and other pictures I've seen online). Did I buy a fake, or a defective unit? Anyone else have this?

u2ui9

I think the MIC got relocated at some time, maybe documentation have not been updated.

I think the MIC got relocated at some time, maybe documentation have not been updated.
I tested it and it recorded sound so I know the microphone is not missing. Guess its not a big deal, just dont want my case to block it.

The electret mics used in dash and action cams are very sensitive and do not need much of an opening (if any) to capture sound well ;) Indeed, the opposite is the usual problem with them as too much of an opening quickly overpowers them distorting the audio :( Should work fine without a hole directly in front of the mic.

Phil

well the waterproof case block microphone where ever it is, the skeleton frame yeat that do have a cutout for the ventilation holes on top of the housing and i haven ot noticed it but i assume the MIC holes on the side where the SD card go are also not covered up.

In general i think the MIC of the SJ7 works fine, the default level of 80 % are often something i change to a lesser level.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar SJ7 19
Blink Blink SJ7 15
Back