SJ7 report

Perhaps I haven't noticed before, but now the Sjcam site recommends v.1.18 firmware Instead of 1.21

Interesting... It's been a while since I used it. 1.20 generally worked, but it does battery-crash on occasion.

The package that was being sold included the two extra batteries and charger. It was strange because the two SJ7 batteries and SJ6 charger were sealed in one package inside the box so the mfr must have screwed it up.

Has anyone else had the same issues that I have?
-Poor Battery connection
-Video randomly stopping
-Video choppy sometimes (ie dropped frames)

As for the sensor size, I understand the issue and you are exactly right. I'm not really recording "low light". What I usually record is well lit (but at night). The camera AUTOMATICALLY over amplifies to make the background visible when I don't care about the background and the part that I want which is well lit becomes saturated and everything gets noisy. There is sufficient lighting to capture what I want, the auto setting is just overdoing it because it is trying to make the whole frame bright. My subject is wide (hence the wide angle) so I can't just zoom in. I assume the sensor size on my phone camera is similar to what the SJ7 has. I can get "good" video on my phone because I can set the ISO to a lower number. I don't know if it really changes ISO or if it just lowers the brightness, it basically lets me lower the amplification so it does saturated and is less noisy. The issue with my phone is that it can't handle 4K before overheating. If this is achievable on a phone camera, I assume it is achievable on an action cam. I'm not asking the camera to do anything extraordinary, in fact, I want it to do less. It is just that the feature doesn't work or is not available on the SJ7.

Aside from the broken ISO setting, if the camera just worked reliably, it might be worth another try if it is just defective.
I updated to the latest firmware. I did not consider going back to an older version. I made the assumption that newer versions fix bugs, not create new ones.
Can you post a photo of the charger and batteries? What did the Amazon agent say about the problem?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TonyCams SJ7 124
Back