SJ8 Pro 4k@60fps, SJ8 Plus 4K@30fps, SJ8 Air Coming Soon!

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
SJCAM SJ8 Series will be coming in early 2018!

SJ8 series will consist of 3 models, the SJ8 Pro, SJ8 Plus and SJ8 Air.

SJ8pro will have Ambarella chipset and Sony sensor with Native 4K recording capabilities up to 4K@60fps. Check out each model's hot-spots in the links below:

SJ8 Pro
SJ8 Plus
SJ8 Air

--- reserved for pictures ----

--- reserved for pictures and more materials ---

No questions?

I want zoom-able lens; for license/number/tags/drivers' faces (rear)

I've a question :) which bitrate will the camera record on 1080p60 and 2.7k60 and 4k60

What are the maximum gyro-stabilised resolutions of these SJ8's?

It seem 4K EIS are supported on both the pro and plus, so that's pretty cool if you ask me, but i think both are just in the 4K/30 resolution.

Bitrates are upward of 70 mbit as i recall.
I am so looking forward to seeing raw footage from these not least the 2 top models.

Questions ???? well i have one but i dont dare to ask it. :cautious:

I've been waiting for SJ8 since last September. As I satisfied with SJ7 mostly, I just would like to ask 2 things.
- Not too hot body during recording
- Small size of UV filter lense. SJ7's UV filter is too big to carry being equipped.

One thing to ask is if the body is rubber or metal.

I think the SJ8 are designed much like the SJ7 star, so a metal frame with a plastic front and LCD back

The images on google look like an all plastic case!

Hmmm, i am just seeing this thread down here.... will try to answer as many of these questions as possible. Maybe we can ask admin to create an SJ8 section?

Updates on the SJ8 Pro, SJ8 Plus and the Air:

I've a question :) which bitrate will the camera record on 1080p60 and 2.7k60 and 4k60
We will have bitrate info soon.... It should be around 100mbits but let me confirm :)

I've been waiting for SJ8 since last September. As I satisfied with SJ7 mostly, I just would like to ask 2 things.
- Not too hot body during recording
- Small size of UV filter lense. SJ7's UV filter is too big to carry being equipped.

One thing to ask is if the body is rubber or metal.
Body will be rubberized plastic...

It seem 4K EIS are supported on both the pro and plus, so that's pretty cool if you ask me, but i think both are just in the 4K/30 resolution.

Bitrates are upward of 70 mbit as i recall.
I am so looking forward to seeing raw footage from these not least the 2 top models.

Questions ???? well i have one but i dont dare to ask it. :cautious:
We will have to confirm bitrates.... yes, RAW will be supported on Pro. We will try to add it to Plus as well.

Here is first look of the SJ8 Pro and SJ8 Air:

Saw that one a few days ago,,,,,,, I am watching you guys :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar SJ8 2
kamkar SJ8 12
TechTronic9000 SJ8 5
Back