SJ8 Pro 4k@60fps, SJ8 Plus 4K@30fps, SJ8 Air Coming Soon!

I know im bad with that. :oops:
On the other side believe it or not i am actually pretty good keeping secrets, and i just hate when people start a conversation with " dont tell anybody"
But otherwise i do love to flap my mouth :giggle:

Sometimes the best answer is no answer. [/ smile ]

No SJ8 dimensions have been given out. More correctly, I haven't seen them. My guess is the first choice will work with the SJ8, too. But that's only a guess. The second filter looks as though it could be a general filter holder, not just a UV filter.

No SJ8 dimensions have been given out. More correctly, I haven't seen them. My guess is the first choice will work with the SJ8, too. But that's only a guess. The second filter looks as though it could be a general filter holder, not just a UV filter.
I received SJ8 which I pre-ordered. But the outter diameter of lense part is different than SJ7's. Original SJ7 UV filter lense is loose to be fit to SJ8.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, SJCAM??

The SJ8 is being delivered with no announcement on the SJCam on their site?

@BarryInAction Please give us all the details you can!

The loose filter tou might be able to change with a little tape around the Sj8 lens, maybe some headshrink tubing ( heat )

And ditto, do give us some footage, preferably something with a lot of things going on in the footage to challenge the system.

Measure the diameter with a Vernier caliper and give the millimeters!
I can compare that figure with my Sj7!
I bought a filter adapter for Gopro, (58 mm) (Canon)and used a Dremel tool to widen the inside diameter till the fit was snug!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dremel, i am wondering how some people can live without one.

I can't resist... I suspect a 17th century Dutch painter won't help here. OTOH a vernier micrometer might.

I would rather have one of his paintings, than the measuring tool i have that i cant read anyway as my eyes are too bad now.

Sigh... I have no idea where these are coming from as the SJ8 official release hasn't happened, although it should be soon(!!).

Micrometer:
71eiDuCgcwL._SL1500_.jpg

O o_O that one speak a language i do not understand.

Grinding tolerances for imperial stuff i had to translate to metric and then use a micrometer as we dident have the regular tools for that so had to measure every single axle, not that that wasent okay plenty of viggle room in that bearing tolerance.

MI0025001.jpg

A tolerance with - 0 / + 0.006 mm thats more fun though not really hard to deal with.

My trusty Vernier caliper!

Attachments

• 1526217326079-799087251.jpg
    1526217326079-799087251.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 6
DIGITAL baby :) those i can still read, but mine here at home are a analog.
I could have taken my digital one home from my last job, but thats not how i am.

DIGITAL baby :) those i can still read, but mine here at home are a analog.
I could have taken my digital one home from my last job, but thats not how i am.
Yeah! That's called theft.

It was the norm in the company to scrap those when someone left the company, but still as you say thats how it feel in my book too, and i always go by my feeling.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar SJ8 2
kamkar SJ8 12
TechTronic9000 SJ8 5
Back