SJ8 Pro 4k@60fps, SJ8 Plus 4K@30fps, SJ8 Air Coming Soon!

It was the norm in the company to scrap those when someone left the company, but still as you say thats how it feel in my book too, and i always go by my feeling.
Well, not theft-extenuating circumstances!

The 8x digital zoom has it's difficiencies, in the increase of grain,but how well does the voice control perform?

Still no action on that new bridge, or are public building projects slower there than in Denmark

Promises, promises, promises... feh.

My cynical mind suggests planting videos to sustain interest. Think about it, the camera isn't in full release. Why does someone in Ukraine have an SJ8 while Amazon, etc. don't? There was one posting from someone getting a camera from a Chinese online seller. Has nobody posting on SJCam or Dashcam received an SJ8? Obviously these forums are not the universe of buyers, but there simply isn't the buzz that would show up from broad release.
Further, is there any proof the videos were shot with an SJ8?

The 8x digital zoom has it's difficiencies, in the increase of grain,but how well does the voice control perform?

Unfortunately I’ve got a chance to test the camera only for one day so I didn’t manage to test all features appropriately, however I should say that the camera feels very solid (it’s made from soft touch plastic), the display is really cool (brightness can be adjusted) and everything is very well thought-out (when you choose an ISO settings – you can immediately see the difference which is really cool).
I do hope to get a possibility to test it more profoundly to make a full review.

Still no action on that new bridge, or are public building projects slower there than in Denmark

Actually the bridge I was on is not functioning, it's abandoned. There is another one near it which is being buit for more than 10 years already and is still far from being finished (it was even shown in a German book as an example of how bridges SHOULD NOT be built).

My cynical mind suggests planting videos to sustain interest. Think about it, the camera isn't in full release. Why does someone in Ukraine have an SJ8 while Amazon, etc. don't? Further, is there any proof the videos were shot with an SJ8?

Gearbest has got the camera in stock more than a week ago and there are even some feedbacks on the camera page on their site. SJCAM has also announced that first batch of the cameras was shipped out and it’s already selling in the Philippines as well as in Ukraine. Should I send you some photos of it so that you believe that it’s not a fake?

Please do. I'm pretty sure I know why the Phillipines, but Ukraine??? (neither strike me as major markets - not trying to slight Ukraine at all) But not the rest of Europe or Euro-land, not the US??? GearBest but not Amazon??? Excuse me for the language but WTF???

Last edited:

My cynical mind suggests planting videos to sustain interest. Think about it, the camera isn't in full release. Why does someone in Ukraine have an SJ8 while Amazon, etc. don't? There was one posting from someone getting a camera from a Chinese online seller. Has nobody posting on SJCam or Dashcam received an SJ8? Obviously these forums are not the universe of buyers, but there simply isn't the buzz that would show up from broad release.
Further, is there any proof the videos were shot with an SJ8?

And why have they cut DCT testers out of the loop!!

When I logged on to the sjcamhd.com web site last, voice control was not shown in the Sj8 pro description.

At the risk of seeming to be racist and/or xenophobic, often Chinese business practices are at odds with what is used in much of at least the western world. As sampling action cams shows, many of them are little more than light paper weights. The experiences with GearBest, etc. tend to be "collect money, send product, forget user or fail to support defect items". Obviously, much of this is common elsewhere, including the US, but China appears to have raised it to an art.

In the past, "Made in Japan" was taken to mean something was probably inferior. It's seldom true now It seems that China now has that title. Which means that good products are confused for "why would anybody make that" or "I used it once and it fell apart" or events such as wallboard that created health problems.

So I'm not surprised that the SJ7 seems to be forgotten and the SJ8 shows up in unexpected places.

I've bought from gearbest and have my own pique about their way of doing business-never again! We don't have to buy from GB, we have EBay with its guarantee, unfortunately other buyers of action cams seem to need them, as ,I think, an Aussie said here in this forum that the western auction houses are not available to buy from in his country.
I think he said Amazon.

SHOULD NOT be built

Here we just build, and it dont matter the slightest if the price get doubled or it take 25 / 33 % longer time to get done, and thats the norm for every public construction as far as i know :oops::sick::unsure:

And why have they cut DCT testers out of the loop

I think the people responsible for that have been ditched by SJ, or the practice of handing some out to testers have been dropped in favor of reviewers instead as that after all seem to provide more usable,,,,, stuff to sjcams.

At least that is what i think, last i checked none of the SJ people have been on here for a long long time.

Any time government is controlling the project, SNAFU is in the works!
Doesn't your gov't and business collaborate like the rest of the EU?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the people responsible for that have been ditched by SJ, or the practice of handing some out to testers have been dropped in favor of reviewers instead as that after all seem to provide more usable,,,,, stuff to sjcams.

At least that is what i think, last i checked none of the SJ people have been on here for a long long time.
Roger that! I think a decision has been made to not interact with the customers, and their silence is deafening!

With my Yi 4k plus there is no hassle recording sharp clear 1080p120 fps video!
And no freezing!

well we really want to build a tunnel to Germany, but people in Germany dont like that it seem, the German government are on board wit the idea as far as i know.

https://femern.com/en

For me there are just #1 good thing, if it pan out.
And that after the tunnel are done, the place where the tubes have been made, well someone here are planning to snag that up that land and finally build a proper race track here :cool:

In regard to the tunnel i dont get it, for the people on Zeeland, well just take the E20 motorway west, and then when you hit Jutland turn left towards Germany, if you look at a map its not really that much further.

I could also say this generation of politicians have not had their prestige project, but actually most have as they was also in a seat when other big things was build here, like the great belt bridge in the 90ties and after that the bridge to Sweden.

Filthy animals the lot of them. :mad:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar SJ8 2
kamkar SJ8 12
TechTronic9000 SJ8 5
Back