SJ8000 ( ? ) clone - Original add said H9 ?

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
vwk9GOl.jpg

PNSJs.jpg

4K 30FPS 3264x1836 = 1920 x 1080 - 30FPS MJPEG
2k 30FPS 2688x1520 = 1440 x 1080 - 30FPS MJPEG
1080 60FPS = 1280 x 720 - 30FPS MJPEG
720 120FPS = 848 x 480 - 30FPS MJPEG
VGA ( NO VGA in the description ) 640 x 480 - 30FPS MJPEG ( Wonder if this is native )

Oh my GAWD !
This cam is as fake as a $3 Dollar bill ..
Original add said H9 for a description , now its SJ8000 ..
I will have to see if I pulled a screen shot when I dropped $$ on this pile !

fg5sYzD.jpg

May I share an opinion ? This may be simple and blatant fraud !
So I may have to get onto ebay about this .. ( The old " Bait and switch Con " )
The package may also have a false return address which may be a criminal offence .. ( International )

Review and sample video footage shortly ...

NZjuKdq.jpg

FEb7fz9X5.jpg

GcnUEoeXl.jpg

Last edited:
That's why I bought my camera at a local electronics store so I could take it back if it didn't deliver what was promised. I will be interested to see if you got a real deal or really dealed. :D

The seller's work ethic and their eBay score/rating in the screenshot don't add up. Maintaining such a score isn't easy if one indulges in such business practices. :confused:

That's why I bought my camera at a local electronics store so I could take it back if it didn't deliver what was promised. I will be interested to see if you got a real deal or really dealed. :D

No I got bait and switched ...
+ The return address looks to be a fake ..
Which I believe may be a violation of international posting laws ..
Not up on that , but I am sure that we ( Oz ) can't use a 3rd party address when posting international , heck we even have to show ID ..

Most H9's are H264 ( I think ) , anyway I am taking exception with this one .. Just not prepared to pay $44 for a **** MJPEG cam .. ( FK'em )

It's a joke ! ( Perpetrated on me )

I have been trying to find a Wifi App to work with this piece of ****e !
I have an android 4.4.2 ( yeah its old ) Maybe too old .. I just wanted a phone for emergencies ..
Any how !
Do you think I can find a QR reader that will work = No !
I have found half a dozen apps , but none that work with this cam .. ( Wifi apps for Action cams )

Funny thing about the QR readers ..
They want a lot of access ..
Like App History
Contacts
Photo media info
Wifi Info ...

Its all just freaking SPYWARE ! From the biggest spy on earth ( Google )
If I didn't need a phone I would take a hammer to the android ...
Now I will have to change my Wifi password after trying out so many QR reader ( spyware apps ) ..

You can use an online QR code reader in your phone browser: https://webqr.com/ for example. Or Snapchat if you have it installed already.

That's crazy that it advertises 4K but doesn't even try to fake the resolution. Likely the same internals as the $15 cams.

I got bait-and-switched before with a similar one of these. Seller had actually said Allwinner V3 + OV4689 in the description, but it ended up being Generalplus and who knows what sensor... Hope you get your money back with the Paypal. I wonder if their seller rating is so high because people leave feedback when they receive the product without testing it, and/or just don't know better.

Edit: Looks like the address could be legitimate, a quick google search turns up real businesses with similar addresses. Neat.

My android is too old ... The camera wont focus ( Fixed focus ) Nice phone , but a nasty bit of Android ...
I was going to get an Android tablet , Can I download an Android app with an I phone ? ( Hmmmmm )
So it wont focus on the IR code ...
Wonder if I can use a PC with that link ?

Ok , here is what I had to do ..
Pull out my Pentax K30 with a Vivitar 55mm Macro lens
Take a picture of the QR code ..
The put the image on my PC , scan the image on my LCD screen and VIOLA ...
Downloading an app called GoPlus Cam by generalplus technology

A quick update ...
The app says ... Please connect to a genuine sports cam ( Something like that )
So it looks like the cam is as fake as a $3 dollar bill ...
There is a WIFI signal , my phone can connect to it , but no app can ..
Oh did I mention I found a bunch of WIFI apps

Generalplus, bottom of the barrel

Nope , not bottom of the barrel .. There is a chipset that is worse .. ( Action Cam )
And I have it on my table right now next to this $3 Dollar bill ..

Will just be something equally as bad, there's a bunch of solutions that are fighting it out for a spot at last place

Nope , not bottom of the barrel .. There is a chipset that is worse .. ( Action Cam )
And I have it on my table right now next to this $3 Dollar bill ..

Have you tried the GoPlus app? That's the one for the cheapest GeneralPlus cams.

cheap come in many forms, my cheap 7" Asus tablet, have a camera so bad it can not be used with QR thingies

Not that i like or use those things, but i just had to try it once and it wouldn't work due to the poor focus on the tablet camera.

I did not think about going your route and picture the QR code and blow it up on my computer screen.

Will just be something equally as bad, there's a bunch of solutions that are fighting it out for a spot at last place
Hehehehe , no , I think this cam takes it - I am just waiting on another cam ATM and then I will do a RUBBISH BIN review ...
But this cam is truly despicable .. I love it , for how bad it is ! It really is a stinker !
The video quality is so awful , it makes Generalplus look good ! I don't want to give too much away ...
But seriously , this cam is a steaming pile ! ( Ever had a really satisfying No2 ? ) That's this cam ...

Have you tried the GoPlus app? That's the one for the cheapest GeneralPlus cams.
Thats the App I was having trouble getting , I have it on my phone now ( Its a bit of a bloated pig compared to other camera apps )

cheap come in many forms, my cheap 7" Asus tablet, have a camera so bad it can not be used with QR thingies

Not that i like or use those things, but i just had to try it once and it wouldn't work due to the poor focus on the tablet camera.

I did not think about going your route and picture the QR code and blow it up on my computer screen.

When the devil drives !
My camera ( Android ) refused to focus on the QR code .. ( Printed on the box )
And being a bit of a Macro Buff , I though , hey dumn dumb ! Take a picture and put it on the computer screen ..
And it worked , took about 2 seconds for the software to read the QR code and take me to the software for download .
I might just post the QR code here for the hell of it ..

Hehehehe , no , I think this cam takes it - I am just waiting on another cam ATM and then I will do a RUBBISH BIN review ...
But this cam is truly despicable .. I love it , for how bad it is ! It really is a stinker !
The video quality is so awful , it makes Generalplus look good ! I don't want to give too much away ...
But seriously , this cam is a steaming pile ! ( Ever had a really satisfying No2 ? ) That's this cam ...

there is a market in Shenzhen that I have taken a few members from here to visit that is 4 floors of rubbish like this, there's heaps of it around

Back