SJCAM 4000+ wifi problem.

alp

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello guys,

recently i bought a SJCAM 4000+ from aliexpress tranhowe store, and im having wifi issues. i have the last firmware (2.8) on sjcam and Samsung Galaxy S6 running on android 5.1.1 my phone's not having any wifi problem with anything.

The problem is, i activate the sjcam wifi, i connect to the wifi from my phone with no problem but then when i open the app and try to connect to camera it says it couldnt connect.

i 've tried to make things right with the seller and they are offering me only 8 dollars partial refund or i can send the camera back and they'll send me a new one. but my ski trip is ahead and i dont want to send it back really because it means i'll have to wait for 2months really.

i've also tried on a iphone 6s plus, it sometimes connect to the app but after a while camera wifi shuts down and connetion is lost. You can see a terrible video that i've tried to record the problem from here:

do you have any idea on this subject?

I had an issue with mine a while back when my iPhone had an update and the camera app would no longer connect. Had to wait till the app was updated to work with the new OS. May not apply to you but worth checking.

I had an issue with mine a while back when my iPhone had an update and the camera app would no longer connect. Had to wait till the app was updated to work with the new OS. May not apply to you but worth checking.

thank you for your response.
i have the latest app as well as the firmware.

i had the same happen as skynet. it's likely the app. perhaps delete the app and re-install. see if that works. just to rule out bad wifi, see if you can have someone w/ an iOS device connect and see if it works on their end. since you have an android device, you have the easier option of using an older, more stable build of the SJ app, too.

The camera appears to be acting normal. You got the Wi-Fi symbol on the display when you turned on the Wi-Fi and the amber light was flashing rapidly meaning Wi-Fi is on but not yet connected to the app.

I checked my SJCam app and I have version 2.9.8 (422) on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

I also hate to ask but have you verified that you have a genuine SJCam by entering the code on the box on the SJCam website?

Last edited:
(UOTE="TeriTerryTarry, post: 224711, member: 21501"]The camera appears to be acting normal. You got the Wi-Fi symbol on the display when you turned on the Wi-Fi and the amber light was flashing rapidly meaning Wi-Fi is on but not yet connected to the app.

I checked my SJCam app and I have version 2.9.8 (422) on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

I also hate to ask but have you verified that you have a genuine SJCam by entering the code on the box on the SJCam website?
[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for your reply!
i understand the video is really terrible but between 0.22 - 0.34 i'm enabling the wifi of my phone and connect to the SJCAM wifi, you can see that it i enable wifi, find the cam and connect to it succesfully.
my app is also 2.9.8(422)

SJ4000 wifi
Well app back to not working again! SJ Versatile app connects ok but have a black screen for camera view. Updated iPhone to IOS 10 but did not help. I can start recording, stop, go to tools & turn camera off with app. If I go to settings and scroll down the app closes and have to re-connect. Tried the new SJCam Zone app but it appears you have to sign in to an account or social media! Why would they make me sign in to use it??? App is jammed with social media crap! Next step was to try FinalCam. It connects ok and I have camera view. Has a glitch when you try using the settings in it.
Tried to upload a screen shot of the SJ Versatile app camera view but upload a file option freezes in 2 different browsers (SeaMonkey & FireFox).
Anybody else having app issues?

I also updated firmware on camera and it did not help anything.

Last edited:
(UOTE="TeriTerryTarry, post: 224711, member: 21501"]The camera appears to be acting normal. You got the Wi-Fi symbol on the display when you turned on the Wi-Fi and the amber light was flashing rapidly meaning Wi-Fi is on but not yet connected to the app.

Hey, thanks for your reply!
i understand the video is really terrible but between 0.22 - 0.34 i'm enabling the wifi of my phone and connect to the SJCAM wifi, you can see that it i enable wifi, find the cam and connect to it succesfully.
my app is also 2.9.8(422)[/QUOTE]

After you enable the WiFi on the camera, make sure you enter the default password in the WiFi status page of your device. It will not pop up at you. You have to navigate there.

Back