SJCAM 5000x Elite destroyed by Puppies!

wali sheikh

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So my Shihtzu puppies had a go at the sjcam 5000x while I was asleep. it's still recording but i don't have a function LCD anymore (see pics!).

EDIT: puppy video added here

I ordered it from aliexpress and received it 40 days after ordering, only to be destroyed within days. I have a friend visiting china next week (gaungzhou) for a week or so and was wondering if there would be any repair/LCD Replacement options in the market there?

would hate to buy another one when it's only the LCD / casing that has taken a hit!IMG_20151222_135646.jpg IMG_20151222_135622.jpg

Last edited:
You can order a new LCD only, its quite easy to pull it apart and change it, provided the only problem is LCD.

We do not have a store in Guangzhou but we do have one in Shenzhen. Yes, it should be easy to buy a replacement LCD screen - given - this is the only issue :)

To be sure, camera problem never happens again....
Shoot them vicious hounds! :p (in their sleep) ;)

i'm afraid replacement LCDs for this new model aren't easy to find online at least. i have written to the reseller and i think we should be able to manage to send it from gaungzhou to shehnzen and then have them ship it back?

i'm afraid replacement LCDs for this new model aren't easy to find online at least. i have written to the reseller and i think we should be able to manage to send it from gaungzhou to shehnzen and then have them ship it back?

Before on SJ500X, the 2.0 inch screen is also used on SJ5000 WiFi and SJX1000.
I tried search for it on AE but can't find it yet. Perhaps you could try contact SJCAM rep to point out where to buy.

Yes, but please contact us first at support@sjcamhd.com

If the screen is the only issue then we can give you an estimate screen costing. If you want to change housing, that is another cost. This is "all things equal" meaning there is nothing else wrong with your cam. Also, there may be a 10 shipping fee back to Pakistan (the actual feel you will have to ask Support). Maybe take a screenshot of this thread.

Thanks and we hope to get your SJ5000x back in working order to you shortly.

Back