SJCAM 64gb, 128gb Memory cards Compatibility List

Hello, thanks for reply. My camera was delivered to me yesterday and It looks amazing in blue colour :cool:I found firmware versions there SJ5000x Elite firmware update and on local site all firmware changelog there.
After I checked in settings of my camera that I have almost newer firmware v1.4.8 (dated Nov 9 2016) and support for 64 & 128 GB cards was added before at v1.2.4 so I can safely buy 64 GB card (y) my choose is Sandisk Ultra microSDHC 64GB UHS-I + adaptér SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA

sdo3fs.jpg
Thanks for sharing this picture! The latest firmware version is v1.5.1. You can find it on support.sjcamhd.com :)

I just bought a SJ7 camera and a Kingston 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Class U3 for it, but surprise: camera does not see the card. In this conditions, can someone please recommend me a card for the SJ7?

I just bought a SJ7 camera and a Kingston 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Class U3 for it, but surprise: camera does not see the card. In this conditions, can someone please recommend me a card for the SJ7?
Please maybe try this thread: SJCAM Community

Here are the recommended cards for the SJ7 Star (see attached).

Attachments

• recommended cards.jpg
    recommended cards.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 56
Does SJCAM 6 support this card: Samsung 128GB EVO+ MICRO SDXC, UHS-I,class10, U3, 4K, UltraHD?

Samsung Evo Plus U3 128GB Class 10 Micro SD card works for M10. Tried for 2 days works fine. Firmware version should be about Jun 2017. 3min loop cycle recording.
Sjcam official, please improve your battery. Sjcam is not suitable to be used as a dash cam because the battery will be swollen after 1 to 2 months and stuck firmly inside M10 and very very hard to take out and the screen is like curved out due to swollen battery. It may be swollen due to the heat from the car or the heat due to powered on for many hours. I drive 8 hours a day. If you have a dash cam mode and your battery does not support it, it is useless. Battery must stand heat and not swollen. I still do not know how to take out the swollen battery, fear of battery exploding or damaging the M10 when pulling out.

Before using the 128 card you must format it to fat32 first, I use this free software
Guide https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/best-fat32-format-tool.html
Software https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

Last edited:
Samsung Evo Plus U3 128GB Class 10 Micro SD card works for M10. Tried for 2 days works fine. Firmware version should be about Jun 2017. 3min loop cycle recording.
Sjcam official, please improve your battery. Sjcam is not suitable to be used as a dash cam because the battery will be swollen after 1 to 2 months and stuck firmly inside M10 and very very hard to take out and the screen is like curved out due to swollen battery. It may be swollen due to the heat from the car or the heat due to powered on for many hours. I drive 8 hours a day. If you have a dash cam mode and your battery does not support it, it is useless. Battery must stand heat and not swollen. I still do not know how to take out the swollen battery, fear of battery exploding or damaging the M10 when pulling out.

Before using the 128 card you must format it to fat32 first, I use this free software
Guide https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/best-fat32-format-tool.html
Software https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

did you try to use it without battery ?

Last edited:
did you try to use is it without battery ?

I always use it with battery because the last clip will not be saved if there is no battery. Imagine if there is an accident and your car engine is damaged/off when your car is hit by other cars, that clip will not be saved if there is no battery in the cam because power supply from car lighter socket will be off when engine is off.

If no battery, the date and time will always be reset after you off the cam. You need to set the date and time everytime you on it.

Read here for more info https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sjcam-m10-as-a-dashcam.13427/

Last edited:
Hello guys,
I received a sj5000x elite cam as a present some month ago and i am going on a trip just now, i have never used it.
I bought a micro sd Samsung Evo Plus 64gb but the cam can't read it in anyway.
I formatted the card in Fat32 but the cam still doesn't read the card.
Is it possible that this kind of card is not compatible or maybe it's a cam problem?
thanks

I just purchased SJCAM SJ5000X wifi and tried to operate it with SanDisk Ultra 64Gb card and it does not work after several different formatting method. Is this card not compatible with the camera?

First I did it with Windows basic sw, exFat and tried 32kb, than 128kb, neither worked

Return it back to default values and then format in the camera, Windows can't format the card correctly using the built in formatting program

Thanks!
How can I format the card in the camera?
Where can I find a good description about the menu-system and detailed user manual of the camera?

I'm curious as to why some action cam makers, in their instructions, say to reformat a 64 gig card to fat 32. That is process is fairly PC labor-intensive, and what is the point?

How can I format the card in the camera???
Where can I find a good description about the menu-system and detailed user manual of the camera?
Thanks for your early reply, my son has received it as a birthday present, but not being able to use it is very frustrating...

Back