SJCAM C100+ Plus Thumb Dash Camera - Action Camera - Quick-look review

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
The C100+ Plus is a "Thumb" Camera by SJCAM. It has been touted as the Perfect Beginner's TikTok / Instagram Camera

But with 2k/60fps resolution packed into it's light 40g body, could this be the next been drone FPV cam?

Without further ado, We'll do a full in-depth analysis of the C100plus ...

SJCAM C100+ 30M 2k Action Camera Intro:

Weighing in at just 40 grams, the C100+ plus packs in a bunch of features. While the camera is light and miniature with dimensions of 60x26x20mm, it has a sturdy build. The camera comes with a 30 meter waterproof case. The quality on the door gasket clasp is sturdy and tight. There is no way that water will enter the C100plus case.

The C100+ also comes with several mounts. There is a frame mount that allows you to mount on biking helmet, or in your car as dashcam, and record audio as well.

On of my favorite things that is included with the C100+ plus is the sturdy lanyard string. I’ve seen many lanyards in my life, and this one looks good and feels great.

At 1.5 feet, this strap as an adjustable clamp. This could be strapped on anyone from Shaq O’Neil to Webster! The SJCAM logo print looks good and it doesn’t feel like its an ad. The strap has a nice width; you could actually strap a much heavier camera like the SJ10pro to it without any problems of having the lanyard string snap. They say its the little things that count; this lanyard could offer a bunch of value depending on how you intend to use it with the C100plus.

The rest of the mouting accesories are pretty complete. SJCAM always provides more accesories than is needed. This is good though as they cover all the user requirements at once.

The Micro USB cable also feels solid and is 2 feet long. While some readers may like to see a type-c port on everything, the microUSB cable is a nice trade-off for the C100+ Plus’ affordable budget price.

The one accessory i may use the most is the clip mount. This allows the aspiring vlogger to capture exciting footage in stealth mode. Just clip the C100+ plus onto your shirt pocket and begin filming. I’d definitely recommend the black model and wear dark clothes if you want to be in true stealth mode. This clip allows you to use the C100+ plus as bodycam if you choose to.

The one thing that I still haven’t gotten to is shooing 2k@60fps footage. Due to the current covid-19, I’ve been a hermit recently. We’ll definitely get out on a sunny day and shoot some footage.

Here are the some specs to leave you with in the meanwhile:
C100+ Instagram / TIK TOK Camera Video resolutions
2560x1440 30FPS 2K@30FPS
1920x1080 60FPS / 640X360 30FPS
1920x1080 30FPS / 640X360 30FPS
1280x720 120FPS / 640X360 30FPS
1280x720 60FPS / 640X360 30FPS
C100+ Instagram / TIK TOK Still Camera resolutions:
15MP 5200X2928
12MP 4640X2608
10MP 4320X2432
8MP 3840X2160
5MP 3200X1808
Video bitrate rate
"1920X1080 30FPS" 1024KB/sec "1280X720 60FPS" 850KB/sec "1280X720 30FPS" 450KB/sec "640X480 30FPS" 150KB/sec
"800X1440 30FPS" 550KB/sec "368X640 30FPS" 150KB/sec
C100+ Instagram / TIK TOK Thumb Camera Features
- CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE COLOR -Pick your favorite color and boldly represent your style.
- LANDSCAPE MODE -Change formats anytime you want, be it landscape or portrait mode!
- MAKE AWESOME TIKTOK AND INSTAGRAM SHARES - Choose the platform of your choice, it's a great world out there!
- MAGNETIC BODY - Worry no more about losing your camera, mount it on yourself, your car or your refridgerator!
- WIFI 2.4 GHZ - Wirelessly connect to your app for hassle-free sharing.
- Video format - MP4 Photo format - JPG
- Exposure Mode - Auto / Manual
- White Balance - Auto / Manual
- USB - Micro-USB port
- Storage type - External microSD Card
- Charging Method - Connect to USB Port
- APP preview bitrate rate
"640X360 30FPS" 150KB/sec "368X640 30FPS" 150KB/sec
- Charge Time - Approximate 100 minutes
- Video loop time - 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes
- Battery Time - Approximate 130 minutes with wifi @ 1080P Approximate 200 minutes wifi off @1080P
- Photo Mode - Normal mode, interval shooting, continuous shooting mode
- Video Mode - Normal mode, interval recording, car mode, Vertical Screen Mode
- Weight - About 40g Size - 60 X 26 X 20mm

We’ll leave you with an unboxing video. We unboxed the C100; the C100+ will have the exact same build and accessories. C100+ Plus records at 2K@30fps instead of the C100’s 1080p@30fps.

The C100+ plus is still so new that it hasn’t been uploaded to the SJCAM.com website. Stay tuned to this blog for more updates on release, and for upcoming video footage.

Original C100+ Plus blog post Here: C100+

Learn more at: https://sjcam.com (only the C100 camera has been listed as of the date of this post.

#sjcam #actioncamera #c100plus #c100camera #vlog #tiktok #instagram #vlogger #vloggingcamera #kol #sportscam #diving #sports #bodycam #dashcam #FPV #FPVCam #DRONE #DroneCam

Attachments

• c100+ plus action camera.jpg
    c100+ plus action camera.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 2
  • C100+ PLUS FRAME MOUNT.jpg
    C100+ PLUS FRAME MOUNT.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 3
  • SJCAM C100+ HELMET CAMERA.jpg
    SJCAM C100+ HELMET CAMERA.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Sjcam C100+ plus biking camera.jpg
    Sjcam C100+ plus biking camera.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • sjcam C100+ Plus 8 colors.jpg
    sjcam C100+ Plus 8 colors.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 3
  • SJCAM C100+ Plus camera.jpg
    SJCAM C100+ Plus camera.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 3
  • sjcam c100+ plus helmet camera.jpg
    sjcam c100+ plus helmet camera.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 2
  • SJCAM C100+ PLUS Thumb Cam 30m diving camera.jpg
    SJCAM C100+ PLUS Thumb Cam 30m diving camera.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 3
  • sjcam c100+ thumb camera.jpg
    sjcam c100+ thumb camera.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 2
I assume the camera have a snazzy APP like say the insta cameras have, i think you need something like that today to be successful in the social media scene.

I assume the camera have a snazzy APP like say the insta cameras have, i think you need something like that today to be successful in the social media scene.
Haha.. so true! SJCAM Zone app... :)

I would not say i raced RC cars more like drive, with a top speed of 15 km/h our little scale off road trucks are not fast in any way.
Also i haven't really been driving much lately, my hobby money have been directed towards new things like a new computer ASO, so now i am ready to process 8K HDR video

And even if the Osmo action have a fine EIS, then i have also been thinking about getting a gimbal as a okay one can be had for a quite reasonable price these days.

@TonyCams

Is this your product? It says Manufacturer under your name. If you want some grins, maybe throw the camera on a dog and send it to the park. Or Drone / Plain / RC Car. A way to stand out in a crowded market is to set yourself apart. Show the camera in action. Also show durability by testing it in tough situations. All these tests will go a long way towards impressing prospective customers to choose your product over the competition.

@TonyCams

Is this your product? It says Manufacturer under your name. If you want some grins, maybe throw the camera on a dog and send it to the park. Or Drone / Plain / RC Car. A way to stand out in a crowded market is to set yourself apart. Show the camera in action. Also show durability by testing it in tough situations. All these tests will go a long way towards impressing prospective customers to choose your product over the competition.
Great suggestion. I am only reviewing / consulting.. i don't have a drone or RC car... will see if SJCAM wants to provide review units.

I would not say i raced RC cars more like drive, with a top speed of 15 km/h our little scale off road trucks are not fast in any way.
Also i haven't really been driving much lately, my hobby money have been directed towards new things like a new computer ASO, so now i am ready to process 8K HDR video

And even if the Osmo action have a fine EIS, then i have also been thinking about getting a gimbal as a okay one can be had for a quite reasonable price these days.
SweeT!

i received an actual unit for the C100+ Plus Thumb Camera ... The previous unboxing was of the C100. Check out the c100plus unboxing + we show off the SJ10 pro mic, 30m case, remote, and A20 bodycam...

Finally got to taking some SJCAM C100+ Plus action camera footage. Read C100+ Blog

This is rather old review but i add this here anyways if there is any interest to older C100+ 2K version owners. There is 4K firmware update on sjcam china site, i don't know is it only a fancy trick to make it as 4K but see it yourself does it get any better with 4K setting. Site is in chinese but use google translator and you are ok, my C100 plus worked 100% but use it with your own risk, firmware is english and i didn't notice any changes other than added 4K option.
I say it again before you download it, my C100 plus (2K version originally) worked just fine, but there is always a risk with FW update so use it only if you know what you are doing. DO NOT use this if you have older C100 1080 version. Have fun, attached video screen grab samples and android app screen:)

Attachments

• 2K.jpg
    2K.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 4K.jpg
    4K.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 6
  • app.jpg
    app.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back