SJcam M10+ Only Power Button works. Need help

AngryArowana

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys,I'll get straight to the point.

Updated firmware last nite from ver 1.8 to current 2.3 worked fine this morning,around half the battery in,it stops recording & no buttons will work except the power button itself. The unit can still turn ON/OFF & cycle thru different modes with power button but nothing else works pretty much.

If I try to turn it off and on it would try to record for 1-3 seconds then stop recording & keep on repeating it. Also when its under photo mode it just takes photos automatically.

So far has tried,battery change,connected to pc,turned it ON/OFF about 5 times,format memory card (Sandisk 32GB)

Brought it from gearbest on March 2016 used it less then 2 hours of recording time all up,makes the same gyro/static noise as that other post.

Does this seem like to be a hardware issue or could it have anything to do with the firmware at all ?

Thank you.

Does it behave the same way without the card in it?

Yes. With or without the card in it no other buttons would work except the power button itself.

Have you tried reinstalling the firmware, even a different version?

No I haven't. As I thought I couldn't go lower versions of firmware because it will brick it ?

Is there a way I could go back to 1.8 ?

Usually the Novatek based cameras allow you to go up or down the firmware versions without any problems.

Hmm.. I only read on their official SJCAM M10 page saying I could only go up.

Or maybe try to figure out how to un-brick to prepare for the worst ?

Ok. I'll try to find a ver 1.8 and downgrade it.

I just turned the camera on after 1 week with no memory card in it and all the buttons worked for 10 seconds now it won't work again except the power button. I'll do the firmware right now. Report back in a few minutes.

I had it reverted it back v1.8 and it worked for about 20 minutes. Now its doing the same thing again & the buttons are going stupid by itself.

Just quickly recorded a video with my phone.

Hello AngryArowana,

it seems that there is some electrical problem, maybe a wire got loose. If you can, please open the camera and check that the cables are clean and connected to the buttons (Open it without the battery and the camera not connected to any power supply).

You can also contact our support team at support@sjcamhd.com and they will help you better to solve the issue.

This camera just became motion controlled...

That's a hardware problem. Probably one of the buttons is malfunctioning and it's affecting the others. Do as @SJCAM suggested and also check if any of the buttons is loose or desoldered from the board.

Back