SJCAM M10+ Plus Prototype Arrives, 1st Look Pictures, Reviews

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
SJCamHD.com has received the first prototype unit for the M10 Plus action camera. There are several added features like 2k video record and upgraded Novatek NTK96660 chip. View the official M10+ blog post here

Direct sjcamHD shop link here

Feel feel to post M10+ Plus questions, reviews or tech support questions on this thread.

Last edited:
Have they fixed the almost useless single side button of the waterproof case for the original M10?

I think some thought is needed re the waterproof case design. The wifi and non-wifi versions of the M10 hsve different configurations of the buttons on the side, i think you need to either standardise on the buttons or have 2 different case designs.

I am using my M10 as both an action cam and dashcam. For both uses it would be great to have a mic mute button, at the moment the mic mute is within the setup menu.

I think some thought is needed re the waterproof case design. The wifi and non-wifi versions of the M10 hsve different configurations of the buttons on the side, i think you need to either standardise on the buttons or have 2 different case designs.

The Wifi button now takes your directly to the Menu

M10+ Plus first look video. We will be doing more in-depth reviews as well so stay tuned.

The Wifi button now takes your directly to the Menu
Sure, the Wifi button takes you directly to the menu, just like in the original M10, but the problem is there is only one side button on the waterproof case, so once you are into the menu, you have no way to press the Up and Down buttons to navigate the menu. Which means it is useless inside the waterproof if you want to change the setting. You shouldn't have to take the cam out from the waterproof case every time you want to change the setting in the menu. Whoever designed the original waterproof case for M10 needs to be sacked :mad:

Also needs a recording indicator on the back

Nice to have official representative here. Welcome!

Can you reveal an image sensor?

I know its probably a repack of SJ4000+, but I truly hope I am wrong.

Have you guys thought of adding Sony sensor? The one in SJ4000+ is quite bellow the average for the price.

Sure, the Wifi button takes you directly to the menu, just like in the original M10, but the problem is there is only one side button on the waterproof case, so once you are into the menu, you have no way to press the Up and Down buttons to navigate the menu. Which means it is useless inside the waterproof if you want to change the setting. You shouldn't have to take the cam out from the waterproof case every time you want to change the setting in the menu. Whoever designed the original waterproof case for M10 needs to be sacked :mad:

Yes, the designer of the M10 waterproof case was sacked ;) I just got out of a meeting with the SJCAM CEO and he says we are re-tooling the case to have the up / down button and removing the Wifi button. I will be checking with the designer to make sure the case is fixed properly. Any suggestions on case design are welcome.

ETA? within 2 months for the updated case to release.

Also needs a recording indicator on the back
SJCAM CEO also agrees. We will tentatively be adding Recording indicator similiar to the current the SJ5000+ plus. 1-2 month eta (tentative - no promises :))

Nice to have official representative here. Welcome!

Can you reveal an image sensor?

I know its probably a repack of SJ4000+, but I truly hope I am wrong.

Have you guys thought of adding Sony sensor? The one in SJ4000+ is quite bellow the average for the price.

The sensor is the OmniVision OV4689

the next gen M10+ may use the Sony sensor. A sony-sensor SJ5000+ based camera is in the works and this may be at least 2 months as well but no tentative date has been set.

The M10+ does make several great improvements so if you are in the market for a budget action cam now, with strong features, the M10+ should do the trick :)

SJCAM CEO also agrees. We will tentatively be adding Recording indicator similiar to the current the SJ5000+ plus. 1-2 month eta (tentative - no promises :))
Sounds good, thanks

Yes, the designer of the M10 waterproof case was sacked ;) I just got out of a meeting with the SJCAM CEO and he says we are re-tooling the case to have the up / down button and removing the Wifi button. I will be checking with the designer to make sure the case is fixed properly. Any suggestions on case design are welcome.

ETA? within 2 months for the updated case to release.
Good to hear SJCAM is listening to feedback and doing something about it. We are here to suggest improvement to your product, free of charge, you can't really ask for more ;)
If SJCAM can also improve on its audio recording and makes the next M10 waterproof even without the case, you will really give GoPro a good kick up their arse (for their overpriced Hero Session) :p

The sensor is the OmniVision OV4689

the next gen M10+ may use the Sony sensor. A sony-sensor SJ5000+ based camera is in the works and this may be at least 2 months as well but no tentative date has been set.

The M10+ does make several great improvements so if you are in the market for a budget action cam now, with strong features, the M10+ should do the trick :)

I hope that you will not use the same horrible lens from the 4000+ that is full of glare and creates distortions / artifacts at the sides of the image

Good to hear SJCAM is listening to feedback and doing something about it. We are here to suggest improvement to your product, free of charge, you can't really ask for more ;)
If SJCAM can also improve on its audio recording and makes the next M10 waterproof even without the case, you will really give GoPro a good kick up their arse (for their overpriced Hero Session) :p

Great. We will have several other new releases and will improve audio recording. Thanks for the great recommendations guys.

The case will be ready within a month's time, Can't wait! Thanks for the suggestions!

HOLA A TODOS !!!
Y los que hemos comprado la m10 + ,mas una carcasa de repuesto ....que hacemos ahora ?
comprar otra carcasa ?
o nos la piensan enviar gratis ?

Estamos a la espera de la caja estanca actualizado M10 + para llegar en aproximadamente un mes. le enviaremos una caja estanca actualizada una vez que se suelte. gracias por su paciencia.

Yo compre la camara mas una carcasa aparte ,cuando las tenga ,me envia las 2 ?
Gracias

Back