SJCAM M20 Problems

Junkie363

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello,
i just bought a SJCAM M20 and was surprised how good the videos are when using on my RaceBike.
But i am having some problems with it.
When Loop Recording is turned of and the Cam cuts the Video when reaching the 4GB FileSize (aprox 18:51 Min) and creates a new File there is a lag of aprox 3 seconds when joining the Files. Tried different resolutions, still the same.

When using Loop Recording there is an overlay of about 1 second.. this could be cut of and everything is fine but i would like to not use Loop Recording.
I am Using a SanDisk Extreme Class 10 UHS-3 which works flawless in my other camera and using Firmware 1.31. Also tried using 1.30 but still the same issue... support could not help.

I think this could be a Firmware Issue because on loop recording everything is ok there is also an overlay so i don´t think writing speed is a problem ...

Any Ideas????

Junkie363

overlap is normal and can easily be trimmed

the missing 3 seconds while it creates a new file is also normal

neither one can be remedied in firmware, best to use loop and just export without the overlap, very easily done using Registrator Viewer

As jokiin say you can automatic cut that overlap on files using Registrator Viewer, you just need to set up the overlap time one time ( often 1000 ms )
then next time you start up Registrator Viewer it will use that setting, and if you have put your sd card in the reader on the computer Registrator Viewer will also find and bundle up all your driving or filming recorded according to the date/time stamps on the files and so with a few clicks you can export those XX files with overlap into 1 long file minus the overlap, and do so without changing the parameters of your recording, so bitrate and file container will remain the same.

Back