SJCAM SJ4000 or Mobius

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
A friend of mine offered me the chance to buy one of these two cams from him.
He's asking €65 (71,42 USD, £46,68) for the Mobius, which is about 6 months old, comes with the basic package, with the option of buying the waterproof case for an extra €15 (16,48 USD, £10,77) and has some use.
The SJ4000 is brand new, never been used and still has the full warranty. He's asking €82 (90,10 USD, £58,90) for it.

I know the capabilities of both of them so, to be honest, I don't know what to do! I wasn't expecting to come across such a good deal now and I know if I don't grab it I won't get a second opportunity. I intend to use it as a dashcam and a helmet cam, no matter which one I (hopefully) buy.

So, I need your urgent advice! Pros and cons, reliability, known issues, firmware support, everything you know about these two cameras. I have to give him an answer until the end of the week.

Thanks in advance!

To throw another in the mix what about the Xioami Yi? You can get one delivered from the likes of @GearBest for less than he's offering those to you?

Out of the two you list the Mobius seems to get more steady updates and if it's an older one it should use the better original lens mount before they swapped over.

Thanks for the feedback!

To throw another in the mix what about the Xioami Yi?
From the reviews I've seen, it's not proven its worth yet. Besides, if I bought it I would have to spend more money on a can of black spray paint. That colour is awful!

You can get one delivered from the likes of @GearBest for less than he's offering those to you?
One of these two will "cost" me nothing more than a 5 minute walk, so why should I go to all the trouble of buying one from China?

Out of the two you list the Mobius seems to get more steady updates and if it's an older one it should use the better original lens mount before they swapped over.
Well, if he bought it 6 months ago it must have been manufactured somewhere during last year. Do you know when did they started using the less good lenses?
I kinda like the Mobius, for its size and simplicity, but the SJ is new and has all the accessories I'll probably need...

I'd like to thank everyone who offered their input on helping me choose one of this two cameras. I didn't expect the thread to have this many pages, which shows people are always ready to help someone who needs it.

Back