SJCAM SJ4000 Wifi Full User Manual Download Support link

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Hello SJ4000 Users,

I know that TeriTerryTarry and others have been working diligently to come up with a manual that covers everything for the SJCAM SJ4000.

Download link: SJ4000 Wifi Manual

Remember you can also check the SJCAM forums for support. Also sign up for the SJCAM Blog feed

Last edited:
So you've taken the manual that Pavle and I worked so hard to put together, slapped the SJCam logo on it and you now have it on your website as YOUR manual and even claim, "SJCAM has released a comprehensive fifteen page user manual for the SJCAM SJ4000 Wifi action cam." and "This is SJCAM’s most comprehensive manual to date." Really? YOU released it? It's YOUR manual? You made a few changes by deleting screenshots but the text is a verbatim copy. Note to SJCam: this is chickensh*t.

I further see that on the SJCam website you made a few modifications and posted it largely intact as the M10 manual. More chickensh*t from SJCam.

In the original manual there is a warning statement as follows:

WARNING FOR USA OWNERS: The AC adapter is not listed by Underwriters Laboratory (UL). Carefully monitor the adapter and camera to be sure they don't overheat the first time you charge the battery.

Although you changed "USA" to "USB" in "your" manual this is an interesting admission of liability for a defective product.

So you've taken the manual that Pavle and I worked so hard to put together, slapped the SJCam logo on it and you now have it on your website as YOUR manual and even claim, "SJCAM has released a comprehensive fifteen page user manual for the SJCAM SJ4000 Wifi action cam." and "This is SJCAM’s most comprehensive manual to date." Really? YOU released it? It's YOUR manual? You made a few changes by deleting screenshots but the text is a verbatim copy. Note to SJCam: this is chickensh*t.

that would be the resources they invested in I guess ;)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sjcam-user-manuals-sjcam-m10-sj4000-wifi-support.17479/

I would like to ask what gives you the right to simply copy/paste our own manual and slap your Logo on it, without prior asking or anything?
If you do not remove this asap, I will file a DMCA complaint right away.
This is outrageous, especially because SJCAM previously wanted to threaten our website for no particular reason.
So Tony, or whoever it is, remove this ASAP, I am serious.

We did not gave you the rights to use our text, nor will we.

SJCam:

Surely you're aware that the People's Republic of China and the United States of America are signatories to the Berne Convention for Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, the Universal Copyright Convention - Geneva, the Universal Copyright Convention - Paris, the Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) and the World Intellectual Property Organization Copyright Treaty, and that Serbia is signatory to all but TRIPS. These agreements form the basis of the protections afforded under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). I echo the statement of Pavle by insisting that you remove the SJ4000 and M10 manuals from the SJCam website. If you fail to do so we will take action under DMCA.

I would like to ask what gives you the right to simply copy/paste our own manual and slap your Logo on it, without prior asking or anything?
If you do not remove this asap, I will file a DMCA complaint right away.
This is outrageous, especially because SJCAM previously wanted to threaten our website for no particular reason.
So Tony, or whoever it is, remove this ASAP, I am serious.

We did not gave you the rights to use our text, nor will we.
Hello Pavle and guys. I was not aware that there were copied pieces? I will ask the guy who wrote it.

We should have asked prior..... Will ask him to rewrite it

Well how do you like that, you put in a lot of your own time, effort and maybe money for a product that you neither own, profit or gain from in doing so, only to find that the people who do make , sell and profit form this product comes along and copy and past their logo on it and proclaims there is a download for their manual at their website,

well I shan’t be buying anything SJCAM come out with from now on if this is the thanks they give to people who are helping them sell their products but producing a manual that the makers should have made themselves, so you get SJCAM’s PR guy shout out that they have a manual for their camera and when pulled on the fact its a complete copy of someone else work the PR gut says

“Hello Pavle and guys. I was not aware that there were copied pieces? I will ask the guy who wrote it.

We should have asked prior..... Will ask him to rewrite it”

I do have t ask, what is the guy who copied it going to be doing, re copying it again?

I know one thing, if I was Pavle or TeriTerryTarry, I’d wash my hands of you & your product, and get you to do your own work and stop promoting your products,

this is coming from someone (me) who has two of your products that also praised your products, I would say maybe those two products of yours will be my last from you, I don’t like dealing with underhand people/companies, to come on here saying SJCAM has a manual knowing full well that Pavle & TeriTerryTarry worked so hard in making it for YOUR customers free of charge and for to say you will look in to it as you don’t know its been copied and get the writer to re write what he has cpoied is one big joke,

it's bye bye from me, I'll go out and buy one of the other action cameras copied from yours

Hello Guys,

I know that many people are totally not happy about this. We are not either. The guy who was in charge of the manual is in Europe now and we need to wait for him to get back to figure out what happend. We had asked him to use Terry's manual as a reference. He had written quite a bit of the manual already but not sure why certain parts of your guys' manual were copied.

Right now, we just want to either re-write the manual, or, get permission to use the parts we took.

We should have told the guy in charge to only use that manual as a guideline.

Apologies. Am currently talking to Terry via PM and hopefully Pavle will to my PM.

if you asked him to use the manual as a 'guide' then you obviously knew what it looked like and would have noticed the similarities, you could have been a bit more proactive in asking them if you could use their work to begin with don't you think, I dare say if you asked first they would have been happy to work with you

It is regrettable that you continue to misrepresent your actions. Describing it as "certain parts of your guys' manual were copied" is utterly incorrect. The manual you published is a verbatim copy of the one Pavle and I wrote. You even left this statement in the manual:

"This OPERATING CAMERA FROM A SMART DEVICE VIA WIFI section describes WiFi operation with
app Version 2.9.8 (422) using a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. Menus, settings, operation, etc., might vary with other firmware versions or other Android or iOS smart devices."

That's my smartphone, the one I used to test the WiFi features. Incredibly, from your own legal standpoint, you even left in this statement, an admission of your liability for a defective product, though you changed "USA" to "USB":

"WARNING FOR USB OWNERS: The AC adapter is not listed by Underwriters Laboratory (UL).

Therefore please carefully monitor the adapter and camera the first time you use them to be sure they don't overheat."

You removed our photographs but other than that it is entirely our manual.

The manual was actually released around 2 months ago via our other channel. I would have expected these complaints to come sooner.

Lesson learned.

It was released on FB over a month ago

You used an earlier revision of our manual. You repeated the error that I took to be a correct response from your support personnel regarding Anti-Shaking. In your manual you state:

"Anti-Shaking: image stabilization. This helps to decrease the effects of unintended camera
movements when recording video. The default setting is Off."

It's one of the open questions on another thread that SJCam said on December 22, 2015, they were confirming but have not done so to date.

Last edited:
The manual was actually released around 2 months ago via our other channel. I would have expected these complaints to come sooner.

Lesson learned.
So you're saying what? Pavle and I should have checked Facebook to make sure SJCam hadn't plagiarized our work? Who but Pavle and I, having intimate knowledge of the manual we prepared, would have known?

I just visited the SJCam website. As of 12:50AM Eastern Standard Time USA the manual is still available for download. Please remove it immediately.

Link has been removed.

Lesson learned.
It was posted on the SJCam website on February 27th.

Back