SJCAM SJ5000

SJ5000 Plus.jpg

Oh, great picture, how blind I am. I was reading the specs also on SJCam site and no word there. But reading the people questions I saw there another blind man asking for Wi-Fi. And the staff answer was Yes..

Regarding dashcam, my question wasn't about chipset, but about the Panasonic CMOS.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Yeah I'm also looking forward to seeing these Panasonic sensors - it will be interesting to see how they stack up against the IMX117 and like you say how well they look at night.

Interestingly one of the best dashcams for night footage I've seen recently is using just an Aptina AR0330 but they have really sorted out the lens and what software tricks they're performing on the A7.

What strikes me about the look is lens seems to stick out further. There is another camera using A7 and a 16mp Panasonic sensor, I just can't find any night footage to see the performance.

What strikes me about the look is lens seems to stick out further. There is another camera using A7 and a 16mp Panasonic sensor, I just can't find any night footage to see the performance.

Also known as the G8900 :)

Shame they didn't have a clean window - doesn't look bad but raw footage will be the real test :)

Daytime footage on that looks good too - numberplates etc can be read easily.

The SJ5000 Plus is definitely going to be an interesting camera.

Last edited:
Nice Rev, thanks. I have to say the SJ's performance as dash cam is super, it does everything well. It's just walking away from the car, turning back and seeing a GoPro looking camera in your window, makes me a little nervous. I have the black and the silver in use for my rear dash cam and there is no way the silver stays unattended, the black is much less noticeable. I'm glad they introduced the M10, so we have the car quality without the worry. Then again, I would worry equally about that shiny new X2. I guess that's one reason I really like my Mobius.

The X2 isn't all that bad - I'm not touching the exterior until I'm 100% happy there are no hardware issues with it though - the first few days I had it the orange light was on constantly 24 hours and it did get some extremely close looks!!

An idea for @billknow but maybe make the colour panel of the case user replaceable so that people can change as their mood takes them - a nice bright one for use as an action camera and a matte black one for when it's in the car.

I think the old one just snapped off so maybe it's something that could be done with the SJ5000 and means you can then sell the different colour panels as an additional accessory :)

sj5000.png
Tried comparing those three model of 'SJ5000' and here is the result.
Info taken from Geekbuying and Foxoffer.

Last edited:
Great news!!! SJCAM SJ5000 Plus Wifi is in presale on Gearbest now, and will be ended at 30th December! You can check all the information of sj5000 here;)

Great news!!! SJCAM SJ5000 Plus Wifi is in presale on Gearbest now, and will be ended at 30th December! You can check all the information of sj5000 here;)

I was quite excited when reading this, and then found out that the price is the same with FoxOffer, GeekBuying and BangGood.
All three of them offer SJ5000 Plus at approx $169.90 (and considering that I can't buy from FoxOffer since they can't send to my country, my options is limited to GearBest, GeekBuying, and BangGood).

My question to GearBest is about this:
Payment Authorization: Add to Cart now and submit payment. The payment will not be processed until 3-5 business days before product dispatch. Take advantage of the best price now and shop with confidence.
So, if I pay with PayPal, will it still charged instantly? Or I must use credit card only. Please enlightened me.
Thank you.

I was quite excited when reading this, and then found out that the price is the same with FoxOffer, GeekBuying and BangGood.
I think this price is requested by SJCam company because they don't want to start the typical chinese price war. But the vendors can do some tricks like coupons or adding some free card or mount. You need to look at all 3 stores always before buying.

I am not sure, but I expect you will be charged instantly. Maybe Gearbest will tell you more.

enjoy,
Mtz

I wonder what give people this much confidence to order this cam pre-sale? There isn't any review of the final product yet so there could potentially be any problem e.g. firmware error or stability issue. This seems like a very capable action cam, cheaper than those higher-end GoPro but double the price of SJ4000 and M10. I would rather wait for official products to be released and experienced by users for a month before deciding if it is good enough to purchase.

All three of them offer SJ5000 Plus at approx $169.90 (and considering that I can't buy from FoxOffer since they can't send to my country, my options is limited to GearBest, GeekBuying, and BangGood).

My question to GearBest is about this:

So, if I pay with PayPal, will it still charged instantly? Or I must use credit card only. Please enlightened me.
Thank you.

Hi tgrdrgrss,
Since we are just authorized by Paypal, we will not charge you until the pre-sale ends if you pay with PayPal. If you are very interested in this cam, please PM me about the group buy information. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi tgrdrgrss,
Since we are just authorized by Paypal, we will not charge you until the pre-sale ends if you pay with PayPal. If you are very interested in this cam, please PM me about the group buy information. :p
Whoa, nice info! So my PayPal will only be charged around 5 days prior the shipping date?
And what about the Group Buy? I think I will only buy one for myself :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, nice info! So my PayPal will only be charged around 5 days prior the shipping date?
And what about the Group Buy? I think I will only buy one for myself :(
Yes, we will only charge you around 5 days prior the shipping date. I didn't mean that you have to buy many cams, but the Group Buy would be there for whoever want it :)
If you need more information, please just PM me :D

I wonder what give people this much confidence to order this cam pre-sale? There isn't any review of the final product yet so there could potentially be any problem e.g. firmware error or stability issue. This seems like a very capable action cam, cheaper than those higher-end GoPro but double the price of SJ4000 and M10. I would rather wait for official products to be released and experienced by users for a month before deciding if it is good enough to purchase.

SJCAM told they have made some trial version samples,the final sample tests well,then they release and mass produce.They said 10days later would have first batch of
mass production SJ5000 WIFI (A7) https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/243-sjcam-sj5000-wifi-a7ls75-1920x1080p-60fps-sportsdv-.html

Back